Do YOU Know Who Your Vet Is?

Kristen Lindsey was a vet at the Washington Animal Clinic in Brenham, Texas, until she was fired today.

Why was she fired? Because of a Facebook post that went viral.

kristen lindsey

When commenters asked if she wasn’t worried about losing her job over her actions, Ms. Lindsey posted, “and no I did not lose my job. Lol. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I’m awesome!”

Ms. Lindsey may think she’s awesome, but the vet clinic, local animal control, and the Austin County Sheriff’s Office probably think differently. Their phones have been ringing off the hook today, and the Washington Animal Clinic’s website crashed.

This afternoon the clinic posted the following to its Facebook page:

Dear Friends, Clients, and other interested folks. We just learned of the conduct that is discussed below. We are absolutely appalled, shocked, upset, and disgusted by the conduct. We have parted ways with Ms. Lindsey. We do not allow such conduct and we condemn it in the strongest possible manner. Please know that when informed of this we responded swiftly and appropriately and please do not impute this awful conduct to the Washington Animal Clinic or any of its personnel.

KBTX.com reports the cat was NOT a feral, but a foster in the care of True Blue Animal Rescue in Brenham. True Blue denies this on their Facebook page. Instead they report the cat looks similar to one who escaped while being cared for by one of their volunteers as a part of her pet-sitting business.

Austin County Sheriff Jack Brandes says his department is investigating the incident. If arrested, Ms. Lindsey could be charged with Cruelty to animals, a Class A misdemeanor.

But I’m guessing the real punishment will be her inability to find another job in her field.

43 thoughts on “Do YOU Know Who Your Vet Is?

1. I am speechless. May Karma bit her in the butt. Disgusting vile creature. Okay so maybe semi speechless.

Posted by Isaiah's Mom | April 17, 2015, 3:49 PM
  2. Wow, very disturbing! Not only is she a horrible person, but dumb as a brick to actually post and brag about it. But, I guess she didn’t see anything wrong and so had no fear. Unbelievable.

Posted by grannyK | April 17, 2015, 4:16 PM
  3. Absolutely shocking. And here I thought all vets loved all animals.I hope she never finds another job.

Posted by melouisef | April 17, 2015, 4:17 PM
  4. I can only hope SOMEONE has reported her to the Texas State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners and requested that they review this incident. Here’s a petition: http://www.yousignanimals.org/Revoke-license-of-Texas-vet-that-hunts-feral-cats-boasts-about-it-online-t-2311

Posted by Judith Pannebaker | April 17, 2015, 5:16 PM
  5. Wait, she didn’t really kill the cat did she? It was just a joke, right?! If that’s for real, she is one fucked up individual. Makes my skin crawl.

Posted by DRangedinaz | April 17, 2015, 5:53 PM
  6. I hope that is not a real cat.

Posted by YellowCable | April 17, 2015, 6:00 PM
  7. Glad to see that something good came from an idiot posting on the internet. To many people think that they are above the law!

Posted by corkscot | April 17, 2015, 6:28 PM
  8. Left without words. Tears… beyond sad. Angry!

Posted by Pix Under the Oaks | April 17, 2015, 6:36 PM
  9. First, what kind of person goes to vet school and hates animals. Second, could that be some kind of Photoshopped sick joke? Third, joke or not, how stupid do you have to be to post that? Fourth, how do I unsee that?

Posted by Charles Huss | April 17, 2015, 6:40 PM
  10. Whoa. Mind = Blown Ugh.

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 17, 2015, 7:05 PM
  11. That is sickening. I am literally sick to my stomach after seeing and reading this.

Posted by meowmeowmans | April 17, 2015, 8:34 PM
  12. I’m surprised I didn’t hear about this from the local news before now. Despite its rugged reputation, Texas takes animal rights seriously. I don’t care much for cats – mainly because I’m allergic to them – but I definitely don’t believe feral ones should be shot dead like that!

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | April 17, 2015, 9:03 PM
    • The thing is, we’ve now learned that it wasn’t a feral at all, but a cat that escaped its home while a petsitter was watching him. His name was Tabby and he was 6 years old. That sorry bitch killed an owned cat.

Posted by rumpydog | April 17, 2015, 9:12 PM
  13. I am astounded at her action…actually I am not. We humans seem to thrive on cruelty.

Posted by Jo Bryant | April 18, 2015, 12:50 AM
  14. Quite astounding behaviour. Doesn’t matter whether it was a ferral or a stray. What an arrogant and stupid woman.

Posted by Animalcouriers | April 18, 2015, 12:51 AM
  15. disgusting beyond words!

Posted by speedyrabbit | April 18, 2015, 1:42 AM
  16. I hope there is a warm place reserved in hades for her….

Posted by easyweimaraner | April 18, 2015, 2:58 AM
  17. An utter skidmark in the underpants of life this person…what a world…karma..please..

Posted by Fozziemum | April 18, 2015, 5:34 AM
  18. I am afraid she has got everything she deserves. No one should kill another living thing let a alone a vet kill a cat. She is not only lacking as a vet she is lacking as a human. I trust she never works with animals again!

Posted by willowdot21 | April 18, 2015, 7:42 AM
  19. I’m speechless. And absolutely disgusted.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | April 18, 2015, 9:26 AM
  20. Can’t someone shot an arrow into her head ? Oh, that would be murder. This is just disgusting. I am outraged. 😦

Posted by dogdaz | April 18, 2015, 3:59 PM
  21. Wow! That’s like a person who works in a service industry and doesn’t like people. It doesn’t work. So now, neither does she. I don’t wish ill will on anyone but I DO hope she never gets another job working with animals again– unless it’s cleaning litter boxes and dog pens.

Posted by Ms. Kathy (Bob's Mom) | April 19, 2015, 1:58 PM
  22. Steve Ralston explains the turning point in his youth playing career
    – American Soccer News. The bookmakers know there are a handful of tactical gamers out there who will just take benefit,
    but the rich pickings for them general make the full physical exercise worthwhile.

It is logical that with an event of such scale the
    interest will be very great, while the available tickets and accommodation will be limited.

Posted by Tina | April 19, 2015, 5:58 PM
  23. I had saw this just the other day. Was SO shocked!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | April 20, 2015, 8:00 AM
  24. This was the most bizarre story of the past week! It’s scary to think people like this could be working with animals every day. Mind blowing!

Posted by Elaine | April 20, 2015, 8:55 AM
  25. I really hope the owner of that poor cat pushes for prosecution!

Posted by Kimberley@Black Dog Runs Disney | April 21, 2015, 1:23 PM
  26. Good grief, WHAT IS WRONG with people?! Is there no sense of decency? Have we devolved to such a low spot in our evolution because of the anonymity from our technology?

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | April 22, 2015, 4:00 PM
  27. Reblogged this on Dashing Dogs Dogwatch.

Posted by Sirhc22 | April 24, 2015, 10:53 AM