Isaeli Politician Calls for Deportation of that Country’s Cats

Looks like cat lovers are the same, no matter what part of the world they live in.

Recently, Israeli Agriculture Minister Uri Ariel proposed to rid Israel of its’ stray cats by kicking them out of the country.

Israeli Agriculture Minister Uri Ariel hates cat. SOURCE: @saruriariel

Israeli Agriculture Minister Uri Ariel hates cat. SOURCE: @saruriariel

You see, Ariel feels TNR is not Biblical, because it prevents cats from following God’s laws to “be fruitful and multiply.” So he decided instead that Israel should dump the cats who have already followed God’s edict elsewhere. The plan is to have all cats of one gender placed in sanctuary in some other country.

But cat lovers are fighting back with a vengeance.

Former Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni posted this photo to Twitter:

@Tzipi_Livni

SOURCE: @Tzipi_Livni

Left-wing Meretz party leader Zahava Gal-On has called for deportation of the hardliner Ariel instead of the cats.

And security officials had to step up Ariel’s security detail after threats were made against his life. You think one of those threats came from these guys?

SOURCE: GTAforums.com

SOURCE: GTAforums.com

So far no country has volunteered to take on Isreal’s cats. Maybe because they have cat problems of their own?

Sorry Uri. Looks like God isn’t going to let you dump this problem on somebody else; you gotta deal with it yourself.

32 thoughts on “Isaeli Politician Calls for Deportation of that Country’s Cats

1. Stupidity or insanity, not sure, but this is an an unfathomable solution.

Posted by candygai | November 6, 2015, 1:30 AM
  2. I mean … really?? *knots brow, raises eyebrow*

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | November 6, 2015, 1:37 AM
  3. the motto of the opera ball in 2015 was “Shalom Israel”… that counts probably not for cats…

Posted by easyweimaraner | November 6, 2015, 4:12 AM
  4. That’s insane and cynical. Shows why countries shouldn’t have a religious government.

Posted by stanzebla | November 6, 2015, 6:00 AM
  5. ??????? now I’ve heard it all! Nutz

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | November 6, 2015, 8:46 AM
  6. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | November 6, 2015, 8:46 AM
  7. Insane…eye roll, head shake, exhausted exhale.

Posted by mfearing | November 6, 2015, 9:19 AM
  8. Hmmm … I have to wonder if Uri Ariel ever did that ‘arithmetic’ in which he worked out — with pencil and paper — how many kittens one unspayed female and one unneutered male could produce in six months. The numbers would *astound* him.

Nor does Uri know what happens when intact male cats fight, or what an intact female in heat sounds like. I hope he can live with that kind of blood on his hands and bad karma for eternity.

I am Jewish. Uri does NOT speak for me. All of my cats are spayed and neutered. And their veterinarian is Jewish! So there!

I’d better stop myself now before I cause an international incident, if I haven’t already… 😉

Posted by The Boca Deb | November 6, 2015, 9:20 AM
  9. Mrrp? We have dirty litterbox offerings prepared for Uri Ariel. Do you know where we can send them?

Posted by The Feline Contingent | November 6, 2015, 9:22 AM
  10. The phrase “separation of church and state” comes to mind.

Posted by cb | November 6, 2015, 12:45 PM
  11. Wonder if Ben Carson feels the same way?

Posted by FACE Foundation | November 6, 2015, 12:52 PM
  12. No country for cats and dogs…I am sure they’d like to ask if God cares only for humans.

Posted by Anand | November 7, 2015, 12:02 AM
  13. Haters gonna hate…no matter where in the world they are (though this guys sounds like he’s from another planet!). We can’t let them get away with it without calling ’em out. 😉

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | November 7, 2015, 12:37 PM
  14. Uri’s proposal is not good idea to get rid of stray cats on their country…..very wrong……

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 10, 2015, 4:49 AM
  15. I think your idea will be very helpful for me.

I will inform you if its work for me too. Thank
    you for sharing this wonderful articles. thank you.

Posted by intensitytalks.com | November 15, 2015, 6:11 AM

Meow! Leave me alone. I'm grieving. -June Buggie #gingercats #gingercat #cat #catsofinstagram #cats #catsofig #catstagram #catsanddogs #imissmydog