True Confessions

We Are All Under Attack

Another terrorist attack.

People are dead in Egypt. Lebanon. Iraq. And now Paris.

bataclan07

The Bataclan Theater- Paris. Over 100 people were killed for wanting to have some fun at a music concert. PHOTO SOURCE: bataclan.fr

People are afraid all over the world. I am afraid. Where and when will the next attack occur?

Rationally there’s no reason a terrorist would target me. I’m a nobody. Killing me would not make sense.

But terrorism is so insidious because it doesn’t make sense. Terrorists target people on vacation. Out for the evening. Shopping for food for their family.

The Eagles of Death Metal were playing the Bataclan on the night of the attack.

The Eagles of Death Metal were playing the Bataclan on the night of the attack.

I know today there are many who are calling to fight back, to wage war, to kill the enemy. Others are calling for world peace.

Not here please. This is a place to sit with the hurt felt for those who have suffered and lost.

This is a place to feel the fear.

16 thoughts on “We Are All Under Attack

1. THANKS for this! <3!

Posted by murphysmission | November 14, 2015, 1:07 AM
  2. Our Thoughts are with those affected by these attacks.xx Rachel and Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | November 14, 2015, 1:41 AM
  3. It is terrifying and senseless and so so sad.

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | November 14, 2015, 1:59 AM
    • This is yet another reason why women should be running things around the world. If the day were ever to come when we took the reins and told the men to sit down and shut up, we MIGHT begin to see some peace around here.

Posted by rumpydog | November 14, 2015, 5:03 AM
  4. The older i get the less i understand..fear and pain..and a great deal of heartache for humanity today..:(

Posted by Fozziemum | November 14, 2015, 5:49 AM
  5. God knows the answer. I wish he would enlighten us. Vive le Coeur de Paris!

Posted by willowdot21 | November 14, 2015, 7:35 AM
  6. I can taste the fear, and it is an insidious poison. I can also taste your humanity, and that my friend, is far more palatable. xxoo

Posted by Nine Cent Girl | November 14, 2015, 9:22 AM
  7. I don’t believe fear is my best choice. I’m opting for compassion for all involved.

Posted by KDKH | November 14, 2015, 2:36 PM
  8. I really can’t believe France has fallen victim to two major terrorist attacks within a year. The first was essentially an attack on free speech. Now, it’s an attack on average, unarmed civilians. If ISIS (or whoever is responsible) thinks they’re going to change the world’s opinion, or achieve some kind of global domination with these antics, they’ll find themselves on the wrong end of a gun or a bomb. Terrorism NEVER accomplishes anything positive. It just creates more victims and animosity.

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | November 14, 2015, 4:09 PM
  9. Very sad….very sad…..why always people fight each other………because of religions? because of where you are born? Very sacry……

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 23, 2015, 2:33 AM