Jen's thoughts

Our New Year’s Resolutions

Oh Dog! I am so excited! It’s the new year, and that means another chance to make things better! Here we’ll have an election for a new president, a woman candidate is running to be each party’s nomination. People are holding the police accountable for their actions against others. Oh, these are heady times!

My resolutions are to inspire and encourage whenever possible…. and to eat more cookies!

IMG_5748

I resolve to be cute! cute! cute! even in my old age.

MEOW! Another year. Humans continue to act abysmally toward animals and each other. That jerk dentist Walter Palmer, the one that killed Cecil the Lion, was accused of illegally herding deer with a truck on his property, and he’s not being held accountable for THAT either. There are mass shootings all over the country and the human solution is MORE GUNS, then we have problems like the woman in Florida, a police dispatcher for catssake, who shot and killed her daughter whom she thought was an intruder. Oh, well, collateral damage…. but at least they still have the right to possess guns!

My resolution is to stay indoors and make the human go out to hunt for my food…. it’s much safer for me that way.

IMG_5759

And I resolve to be as annoying as possible to that human!

I’ve been thinking much about the new year and what I’d like it to bring my way. I’ve cut the cable, so I won’t spend my evenings zoning out in front of the TV. I’m resolved to spend less time thinking about work and worrying about what others think,  and more time writing.

Change can happen at any time. Why not now? What changes to you propose for you life?

Whatever they are, may you be successful in achieving your goals!

Happy new year!

31 thoughts on “Our New Year’s Resolutions

1. Hoping for a wonderful new year for all of us doggies, kitties, and humans! xoxo

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | January 1, 2016, 4:48 AM
  2. Beautiful just like always. Love your puppy and your kitty. Happy New Year’s to you my friend and may this year be a whole better than the last one. Kat and Sox my 4 year old Tabby.

Posted by mlblogsredsoxlady35/lighthousekat | January 1, 2016, 4:57 AM
  3. It’s hard to believe a cat could be so pessimistic. That’s discouraging because most of my resolutions involve modeling my life to be more like a cat. More naps in the sun; never preparing my own meals, etc.

Posted by The Good Greatsby | January 1, 2016, 5:00 AM
  4. to eat more cookies sounds like a good plan… can I join the cookie_crew? Happy New Year, may it be a peaceful one…

Posted by easyweimaraner | January 1, 2016, 6:00 AM
  5. Happy New Year from Deb and the Zee/Zoey kitties!

Posted by debbarnes | January 1, 2016, 7:54 AM
  6. Happy New Year! Good luck with your resolutions!

Posted by jowensauthor | January 1, 2016, 8:19 AM
  7. Woohoo Happy New Year to you all!xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | January 1, 2016, 8:20 AM
  8. Paws up to both of those resolutions. Happy New Year!

Posted by The Island Cats | January 1, 2016, 8:30 AM
  9. Happy New Year! 🎈👍💜🐶🐕

Posted by Catherine Johnson | January 1, 2016, 9:05 AM
  10. Great decisions! Happy New Year to you and all your animal family, and let’s hope we can make a step toward a more peaceful and loving society for all creatures.

Posted by Bernadette | January 1, 2016, 9:58 AM
  11. Happy New Year! ❤ 🙂

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | January 1, 2016, 11:27 AM
  12. Wishing you all the best in 2016!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | January 1, 2016, 1:11 PM
  13. We like all of your resolutions! Happy New Year to you all. Thank you for being our friends, and may your 2016 be filled with joy, peace and all good things!

Posted by meowmeowmans | January 1, 2016, 8:35 PM
  14. the cat is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is his name?

you look cuter than usual rumpydog! I bet everyone enjoys this post as much as I do! Your cats are so cute. do you have a bird?

Do you have more pets than just you and your 2 cats?

again, this post is so great and adorable! my mom is a dog walker so she really loves pets and she loves this post alot!

You should also check out my pages because I have recently changed them but I do not remember the ones I did change. They are all great anyways even if I haven’t changed them recently they all still have posts on them. I love all my posts, even my old ones. My old ones are really great because it makes it so I can look at things that have happened in the past.

Posted by I LOVE PETS | January 1, 2016, 9:54 PM
  15. Happy New Year!

Posted by ravensgolden | January 1, 2016, 10:18 PM
  16. Hi Rumpy Dog. Love your resolution – but watch that weight. Your kitty-friend is a smart lady with a long-term strategy. Kudos to her for training the humans well. It’s best to keep our kind on a tight leash.

Posted by Anand | January 1, 2016, 11:37 PM
  17. Happy New Year!

Posted by Julie@frogpondfarm | January 2, 2016, 12:17 PM
  18. Happy new year 🙂

Posted by Marc-André | January 4, 2016, 5:03 PM
  19. Happy New Year to you, Rumpy, June Buggie, Jen and gangs!!!! My new year resolution is to be good at time management!!! Oh June Buggie….please stay always indoor…..I don’t want to miss your cute pictures….and Rumpy, please stay good as I know you get much older than I met you for the first time….but you look still young!!! Always cool dog! I love you and your family!!! From angel Kevin, four kitties and mom! xoxoxo 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | January 6, 2016, 12:49 AM
  20. I agree with all three of you. I hope the new year is filled with dreams that come true and renewed energy for all of us who want to make a difference for the animals stuck on this planet…

Posted by Gay Johnson | January 6, 2016, 11:13 AM
  21. Pawsome resolutions! Here’s to a fabulous 2016. 🙂

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | January 8, 2016, 9:11 AM

Graybie Baby is doing his impersonation of Bat Boy! #blackcat #housepanther #cat #cats #caturday #catstagram #catsofinstagram #batboy