Dating

Middle-Age Dating is Fun!

My dating adventures just keep getting better and better, and by that I am being facetious.

Bumble hooked me up with one man I scared so bad he decided I needed to be prayed over and another who thought I’d prefer his mother’s company to his. Maybe it was time to try a different app.

I signed up for OKCupid, and talk about a cesspool of humanity! I’ve gotten quite a few likes but not many of them earned a like back from me. These guys live closer to me, but whoa! One man I talked to right off the bat shot me a laundry list of all his ailments that scared even the social worker inside of me so bad I thought about having prayer boy do an intercession. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t me dissing a man’s health issues; it’s me dissing a man who thought I would still want to meet him knowing he’s practically at death’s door.

I have also talked with Mr. Single and Monogamous who, it turns out, is neither. He’s still married, but getting divorced (insert eyeroll emoji here). He’s mentioned he has money, because all women can be easily bought, right? I work my ass off, but I have my own money thank you very much. Besides, a married man ain’t giving up no money to his side piece for fear his wife would find out about it. That type really should stick with the young and stupid women if that’s their game. Women my age know better.

I did meet a guy for coffee today. He was cute, and that kiss was mighty nice, but there wasn’t anything of substance there. He’s insinuated he’s only looking for a bit of fun, and while I’m not opposed to that I’m already starting to feel like a spoiled brat who’s leaving her toys strewn all over. I guess he could be one more though. A woman can never have too many toys.

In other news, I closed on my house today, so I am officially among those who own property. Now it’s time to get to work on this place to get it up to snuff. Perhaps I should make that a prerequisite for the online boy toys. I won’t tell your wife that you fixed my gutters. Promise!

And tomorrow I’m going to meet a dog! Actually we met last week but s/he was picked up as a stray and had to be held for a period of time before available for adoption. Tomorrow is the day. I hope we’ll be great friends, and that he’ll not be intimidated by Hissy Fit Jones.

Until next time, keep your fingers crossed that somewhere in this sea of silly men is one I might find interesting enough to hold onto awhile.

I'm Jen, caregiver to the late, great Rumpydog and now to some rather pesky kitties. You can follow us on Twitter - @FineMellowFella and @HissyFitJones. And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook pages! Thanks!

32 thoughts on “Middle-Age Dating is Fun!

1. Moving forward at any pace is always good. When will we see your house! I’m more excited about that! I bought a carpenter special 30 years ago and it’s been one of my favorite projects even though I thought I’d have it fixed up and sell it in ten years.

Posted by Bernadette | July 8, 2020, 3:03 PM
  2. And I do hope the kitties take it easy on a poor rescued dog!

Posted by Bernadette | July 8, 2020, 3:04 PM
  3. Good luck on all counts…………… looking forward to pictures of the dog though!

Posted by pensitivity101 | July 8, 2020, 4:38 PM
  4. Your adventures are delightful!

Posted by Roy Sexton (Reel Roy Reviews) | July 8, 2020, 4:56 PM
  5. i read these out loud to the eddie haskell/donald trump in my life. i can hardly wait to share this. your research is going well….loving these essays. remember, no matter what that the old adage “THEY are all alike” is sadly the truth? i had been more optimistic, but after 51 years of wedded bliss???? i have given up and i am mad as hell like peter finch!

Posted by Susie Sexton | July 8, 2020, 5:38 PM
  6. Without sounding like a JackA$$ I say stick to cats & dogs! They are 150% better than men….
    After 5 husbands & a few serious boyfriends & a Psychopathic ex-fiance I am quite content to be on my own. I wish you all the Luck in the world…you are a cool woman & it would be lovely for you to have a special someone….mind you Hissy Fit Jones thinks HE is your ‘special someone’ I think!!
    ((hugs)) Sherri-Ellen & **purrss** BellaDharma

Posted by BellaDharma an LadyMew | July 8, 2020, 6:24 PM
  7. At least you met one cute one. But you saved the best till last – a house and a dog! I want to know more!

Posted by Clowie | July 8, 2020, 11:40 PM
  8. Men! All they want to do is feed their egos. The new dog on the block sounds interesting, I hope the felines give him a chance πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

Posted by willowdot21 | July 9, 2020, 4:59 AM
  9. Phew! Didn’t trust that title πŸ˜€ A house and a new dog would be more than enough to start with!

Posted by Animalcouriers | July 9, 2020, 7:43 AM
  10. Your dating stories remind me (a) why I’m single and (b) why I stopped perusing dating apps. Those guys who say they’re just looking for a bit of fun usually mean they’re interested in booty calls. Umm…yeah, I’m not cynical.

Congrats on the closing on a new home. Fingers crossed that the new canine will make a far better companion than Mr. Single and Monogamous. 🀞🏼 Dog kisses will do just fine.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | July 9, 2020, 11:43 AM
    • I am not giving up on my desire for companionship just because there are a bunch of jerks out there. I deserve to have what I want, and I’m willing to work for it, so on I go. I don’t take the booty calls personal. If I wanna give up some booty, I will, and if I don’t, I won’t. Then I’ll look at whose profile is next on the list.

Posted by Rumpy's Kitty Siblings | July 9, 2020, 12:00 PM
  11. There are good men out there, as I found mine when I wasn’t looking. There is one for you too, and by the way, I love your cesspool comment

Posted by Geri Lawhon | July 13, 2020, 9:25 AM
  12. Uh, does the one at death’s door have money? That might work out or maybe you could innerduce him to TW. MOL! Hope you find who you’re looking forβ€”and he’s not a Trumper. Oh yeah, concats on the house.

Posted by Cathy Keisha | July 13, 2020, 3:36 PM
  13. Hii,,,,,,,,,, I hope meet me European lady,,,,,,, one day!!!

Posted by Ts cheema | July 29, 2020, 10:13 AM
  14. I just turned 40 and I’ve been single for 8 years! Finally this year I meet someone on P.O.F! So excited! πŸ₯°πŸ˜‹πŸ€€ good luck with the dating apps they’re tough and the people are strange..lol

Posted by Frank LaManna | September 3, 2020, 7:52 PM
  15. Dont you just love when cats stretch their legs out..🀣😻

Posted by Frank LaManna | September 3, 2020, 7:53 PM

1. Pingback: Middle-Age Dating is Fun! – STUFF WE ALL LIKE - August 8, 2020

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

No Instagram images were found.