Saturday Tidbits and a Milestone!

This morning I grabbed one of the ointments I’m applying to kitty eyes, and noticed the container said For Use in Dogs Only. I freaked. Did the vet give me the wrong medication?

As you can see, this medication is labeled for use in dogs only.

As you can see, this medication is labeled for use in dogs only.

Well, seems that there’s several meds used in cats off-label, meaning they’ve been shown to be effective in cats but the medicine hasn’t been formally approved for feline use.

The Adequan shots Bubba’s receiving? Not approved for use in cats. When I reached out for the company that manufactures the drug, they told me they had no information about use of the drug in cats. WHAT? What’s up with that?

It appears, gentle readers, that medications for animals is as big a money game as medicines for animals. Since dog owners are likely to pay more for meds, there are more meds out there for dogs. And our poor kitty cats get the short end of the stick.

dogs also follow humans into the bathroom, especially when they want to go outside.

Hurricane Preparedness Tax Free Week begins today in Florida. Do YOU have an emergency preparedness kit available for you and your companion animals? Here’s a list of the things Florida residents can buy tax-free for the next nine days.

Hurricane season begins June 1st. Do you have your emergency preparedness kit ready?

Our friends, My Three Moggies, have deemed Rumpy their friend of the month. Go check him out and share some love with their kitty trio.

By the way, I just found out this is my 1000th post! Hooray!

26 thoughts on “Saturday Tidbits and a Milestone!

1. Happy 1000! I read your interview dear Cookie-saurus!

Posted by easyweimaraner | May 31, 2014, 7:44 AM
  2. Congrats Rumpy and we say the great interview with the moggies 🙂 we agree there are many meds that are yet to be approved for use in many animals..cats and we have found sheep also curiously..we had Felix treated with a horse med which was dosed right down to sheep size by our vet and she said it works but those in the ‘know’ don’t commit to say it is okay for sheep…hugs Fozziemum xx

Posted by fozziemum | May 31, 2014, 7:50 AM
  3. Congrats on the 1000th post Rumpy!

Posted by Animalcouriers | May 31, 2014, 8:17 AM
  4. You are so right about it being a big money game. I find that frightening

Posted by Roy Sexton (Reel Roy Reviews) | May 31, 2014, 8:36 AM
  5. Wow! 1000 posts! Awesome!

Posted by bitcodavid | May 31, 2014, 9:27 AM
  6. Tried to leave a comments and got an oops message. Looks like the page you’re looking for has been moved or had its name changed. Or maybe it’s just fate. You could use the search box in the header to search for what you’re looking for, or begin again from the home page.

What’s up with that?

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | May 31, 2014, 2:33 PM
  7. Happy 1000 posts Rumpy !!! You are right about us poor cats, always get the rough end of the stick.. My brother cat had the same eye drops as the humans.. Only his cost more !

Posted by boscocat | May 31, 2014, 5:10 PM
  8. Congratulations on your 1000th posts Rumpy! I’m sorry to be late to say that but we had a moving last month and are still hectic to sort thing out….lots of cardboard boxes….
    Yes, you’re right, in animal worlds, there aren’t so many meds for cats…..
    I hope your kitties are all good and Rumpy, Summer has come, I know you don’t like hot weather, so good luck with handling the heat!

Posted by eripanwkevin | May 31, 2014, 10:48 PM
  9. Yep is a shame dat kittys healff weseawch is not up tu paw. At those times wees weally hav tu twust ow VETs, and God.

ConCatulations Rumpy, dat’s wunnewful.

Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses

Dezi

Posted by dezizworld | June 1, 2014, 12:28 AM
  10. Its the same with Rabbits too,some cat stuff can be used but mainly its dog meds that are used to reat Rabbit,as most kitty ones are toxic to buns,xx Rachel

Posted by speedyrabbit | June 1, 2014, 2:08 AM
  11. A pleasure having you on our blog x. 1000th post WOW concatenations

Posted by mythreemoggies | June 1, 2014, 6:46 AM
  12. Wow, Rumpy, 1000 is quite a milestone! You’ve put out a lot of really good posts.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | June 1, 2014, 8:43 AM
  13. Ah, that’s horrible!!! Poor kitties! I spend just as much ‘needed’ money on the cats as well as the dogs. That’s crazy!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | June 1, 2014, 11:06 PM
  14. The story of a cats’ life. Always the second class citizen. When I was having nose problems, I was given drops that were actually eye drops. Who can figure this stuff out? Not me. I’m only The Cat.

Concats on the 1000 post. It’s a real milestone.

Posted by Cathy Keisha (@CathyKeisha) | June 2, 2014, 11:03 AM
  15. BOL congrats on the 1000th post. Don’t know how you do it. A full time job AND a daily blog. You are completely pawsome!

Posted by Monika | June 15, 2014, 12:31 PM

I say I'm helping Jen work, but she says I'm a hindrance. I say shes full of it. #eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram