Bonsai Bonanza!

Yesterday I had to work. You see, when an investigator is assigned a report, we must make contact with the victims within 24 hours. If we don’t, we must make a daily attempt to see them until we do make contact or until it becomes obvious they aren’t to be found. So I spent my Sunday afternoon driving a couple hours to this family’s home, stay long enough to realize they’re not there, then turn around and return back. I decided to stop by Bonsai by Dori to treat myself.

070

Bonsai by Dori is located on Highway 231 in Cottondale, Florida, on the way to Panama City Beach.

Here are some of the lovely bonsai they have on display. Dori told me they grew most, but the larger display bonzai came from China. 069 068 - Copy 067 066 065 064 I decided to treat myself to a bonsai. It’s a juniper!

071

I love it!

46 thoughts on “Bonsai Bonanza!

1. Next time you pass… buy one for me and send it over 🙂 Love little trees and like to chew on them… paws from Lizzy 🙂

Posted by Nachthawk | June 2, 2014, 5:03 AM
  2. Bonsai are FUN and fascinating……those are beautiful and I think your little juniper will be happy you took it home with you!!

Pam

Posted by onespoiledcat | June 2, 2014, 5:24 AM
  3. OMC Those are amazin’. Enjoy.

Luv and Hugs and Kitty kisses

Dezi

Posted by dezizworld | June 2, 2014, 5:25 AM
  4. They are fabulous!

Posted by DailyMusings | June 2, 2014, 5:33 AM
  5. I love it too, wish I had one. They have something what looks so peaceful :o) Like my own world where all things are good :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | June 2, 2014, 6:01 AM
  6. What a great variety! I love the cherry blossom and your Juniper 🙂

Posted by Marty the Manx | June 2, 2014, 6:01 AM
  7. Wow, those are beautiful! I wish we had such a place here

Posted by Roy Sexton (Reel Roy Reviews) | June 2, 2014, 6:49 AM
  8. I am not a fan of bonsai because I am sure I would kill it. These are absolutely stunning. I would try it again if there were such beautiful varieties around here. I wonder what the cats would say?

Posted by katecrimmins | June 2, 2014, 8:33 AM
  9. Glad you’re treating yourself! Several cat rescuers in our group are also in your position, you need something to heal over the things you see.

Posted by Bernadette | June 2, 2014, 9:00 AM
  10. A juniper bonsai? I never knew you could get them like that! I have always been fascinated by bonsai trees, they are so different and beautiful! That one photo of the pink flowered one is just gorgeous!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | June 2, 2014, 9:05 AM
  11. Ooooh! Bonsai! My grandpa used to like them and had some in our tiny yard. They are a little difficult to look after. 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | June 2, 2014, 10:00 AM
  12. Oh I don’t know which one is prettiest. They are all gorgeous in their own way. Very pretty.

Posted by winterblueangel | June 2, 2014, 10:34 AM
  13. Hey Jen,

You really hit the target with this one. I LOVE Bonsai. I don’t have any but I do have about 12-20 acorns from a couple of Willow Oaks we had in our backyard last year and I intend to start my own. These Willow Oak will make such beautiful Bonsai. I have never done this before so I will need to read a bit first but if I can just live long enough, I expect great things from them. I intend to choose three or four and concentrate on them. perhaps add a few more of other species as I find good candidates. Peace Jen and Rumpy and the cats too.

Posted by angrymanspeaks | June 2, 2014, 10:49 AM
  14. How pretty. I know you did your research on whether they’re safe for dogs and cats. Like we couldn’t believe when we recently found out that those bamboo stalks in water they sell are toxic to cats, not that we had one but now we know not to get one.

Posted by Cathy Keisha (@CathyKeisha) | June 2, 2014, 11:07 AM
  15. well at least you got a nice treat, sorry we have not been by in a while we are falling behind in our blogs

retro orver

Posted by retro rover | June 2, 2014, 12:55 PM
  16. What a gorgeous choice!! They’re so lovely and delicate! Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | June 2, 2014, 2:12 PM
  17. I have never been to that part of Florida. The bonsai are beautiful.

Posted by corkscot | June 2, 2014, 2:29 PM
  18. Such a cute mini tree. Good luck with it.

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | June 2, 2014, 4:15 PM
  19. I know about working on Sundays. Those are great bonsai plants.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | June 2, 2014, 5:18 PM
  20. They are so peaceful to look at.

Posted by Lynda | June 2, 2014, 6:32 PM
  21. Great article! My Peace Corps buddy fiddles around with bonsai as a hobby. It gives him a lot of serenity.

Posted by coreyquinlan | June 2, 2014, 7:14 PM
  22. How beautiful. Have you ever tried to bonsai a tree yourself? It must take lots of patience to train them into those lovely shapes. And junipers don’t even eat cookies. 🙂

Posted by somethingwagging | June 2, 2014, 7:43 PM
  23. Bonsai are awesome! My great uncle used to have several, and he spent so much time cultivating and caring for them.

Posted by meowmeowmans | June 2, 2014, 8:52 PM
  24. It’s so lovely! Good luck keeping it that way. I’m so horrible with Bonsai. 😟

Posted by tailsaroundtheranch | June 2, 2014, 10:08 PM
  25. What a great treat… the Azalea with the bright flowers appealed to me but I love the shape of the Juniper.

Posted by EllaDee | June 3, 2014, 1:33 AM
  26. We love the one with the gnarled roots! Most of them have delicate moss underneath, too. What a nice thing to do for yourself. Maybe a tiny cat will come sleep under your tree by the rocks. ❤

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | June 3, 2014, 3:00 AM