dogs

My Dog is an Angel

I woke up this morning and my body didn’t want to move. I’d worked 65 hours in 6 days, and I felt it in every bone in my body.

LTKknA4xc

Right now we’re so short of staff that we can work all the overtime we want, and since there’s a chance there will be no budget approved by the Florida Legislature by July 1st, I’m getting in all I can so I can be ready… just in case.

So here I am trying to get up out of bed to meet the needs of the gang, but my body is protesting. By sheer will power (egged on by a need to pee) did I rise up, feed, fill water bowls, and clean litter boxes.

And then the dog is ready for a walk.

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

But I ran a brush through my hair, put on shoes, loaded my pocket with poop bags, and off we went.

dog-graphics-walking-the-dog-342292

And you know what? It felt amazing!

The air was cool, a breeze was blowing, and yet it was still rather quiet before the workday storm. We walked twice as far as we normally do. A fella at the plumbing business we usually pass stopped and said hello, and shared how he’d had a Malamute years ago. I could tell seeing Rumpy brought back to him some happy memories.

The homeless people who’d just left the Mission were migrating to wherever it is they go in the daytime, but none of them bothered us. The crazy drug addict that lives a block away and is afraid of us was out, but she went on her way and we ignored her.

Afterward, I thanked Rumpy for helping me feel rejuvenated. He just smiled.

That dog knows what he’s doing.

25 thoughts on “My Dog is an Angel

1. YAY for Dr. Rumpy :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | May 22, 2015, 8:17 AM
  2. Sheesh!!! When I first read you title about the dog being an angel, I kind of freaked out thinking (go forbid) something happened to Rump!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | May 22, 2015, 8:29 AM
  3. Dogs are so good that way. Hugs

Posted by Pen Brokaw | May 22, 2015, 9:05 AM
  4. Dog energy is the best!! Go Rumpy! Max & Bella are sending you wags that you continue to rest up and rejuvenate. ❤

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | May 22, 2015, 9:30 AM
  5. We are very good at keeping our humans going. without me, mine would be real lazy!

Posted by samsbellabob | May 22, 2015, 9:32 AM
  6. Dogs are life savers!

Posted by willowdot21 | May 22, 2015, 9:32 AM
  7. I know that Rumpy has brought many happy things to you Jen!!!!! I remember that walking in the very early morning with Kevin gave me wonderful start of the day! 😊

Posted by eripanwkevin | May 22, 2015, 10:08 AM
  8. There’s very little a dog can’t do to make you feel better.

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | May 22, 2015, 10:12 AM
  9. Glad the Rumpster is okay! And that he brightened your day! 😺 Hope you don’t have to keep working so hard after July first!

Posted by hairballexpress | May 22, 2015, 10:57 AM
  10. Everyone needs a Rumpydog in their life – he is an angel.

Posted by Christmas Pie | May 22, 2015, 11:06 AM
  11. Happy Rumpy was able to revive you…

Posted by Susan Langer | May 22, 2015, 11:42 AM
  12. There’s nothing like a dog walk to clear the mind and rejuvenate the tired old batteries of life.

Posted by pensitivity101 | May 22, 2015, 11:54 AM
  13. Being in the fresh air is always healing. Having a dog companion makes it even better.

Posted by corkscot | May 22, 2015, 12:16 PM
  14. And that’s why dogs are so fabulous and everyone should have a least one.

Posted by BJ Pup | May 22, 2015, 12:34 PM
  15. Our pets keep us on our toes, that’s for sure – and especially dogs because they love a routine and Rumpy needed his daily walk! See what it did for you, it perked you up, just like Rumpy does every single day!

Posted by Barb | May 22, 2015, 4:34 PM
  16. Sending hugs! I totally understand please get your rest and relax a little. We are pulling for u.

Posted by twoblindcatsandcrew | May 22, 2015, 6:55 PM
  17. Yup. We doggies always know best. Good for you – embracing it.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | May 22, 2015, 7:25 PM
  18. Oh, I love this post so much, Jen. 🙂 Good for you and Rumpy!

Posted by meowmeowmans | May 22, 2015, 8:36 PM
  19. Great story and yes Rumpy, you guys are great rejuvenators!!! Mr. C agrees.

Posted by Geraldine | May 23, 2015, 11:37 AM
  20. I swear dogs seem like they have PHDs sometimes when it comes to tending our souls and bodies. They totally seem o know what it needed. 🙂

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | May 23, 2015, 9:35 PM

1. Pingback: My Dog is an Angel | Catgurl40's Blog - May 22, 2015

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram