People Let Me Tell You About My Best Friend

Harry Nilsson wrote a song about friendship called, appropriately, Best Friend:

People let me tell you ’bout my best friend,
He’s a warm hearted person who’ll love me till the end.

People let me tell you bout my best friend,
He’s a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.

People let me tell you ’bout him he’s so much fun
Whether we’re talkin’ man to man or whether we’re talking son to son.
Cause he’s my best friend.
Yes he’s my best friend.

31 thoughts on “People Let Me Tell You About My Best Friend

1. love harry and you and those kids!

Posted by murphysmission | July 25, 2015, 3:01 AM
  2. So sweet! And great news, R. Your best friend does not look like a cookie thief.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | July 25, 2015, 4:30 AM
  3. that are the best photos for the lyrics… and it’s touching to see two BFF’s together…efurrybuddy should have such a friend… even when we will look not as cute as you :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | July 25, 2015, 6:43 AM
  4. Both of you look so great, June Buggie and Rumpy! Yes, you’re the best friend and best brofur each other! ❤️🐶🐱

Posted by eripanwkevin | July 25, 2015, 9:26 AM
  5. Right on. And love the photos of ya’ll. ❤

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | July 25, 2015, 9:45 AM
  6. It is so good to set different fur babies getting along. I don’t think that the Scotties would be as willing to be friends with another species .

Posted by corkscot | July 25, 2015, 10:15 AM
  7. OMG I love your husky.

Posted by gh0stpupp3t | July 25, 2015, 12:50 PM
  8. Never heard it before. I love it and it says so much.

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | July 25, 2015, 1:53 PM
  9. adored the pictures

Posted by sorrygnat | July 25, 2015, 3:04 PM
  10. Aw, you two are so cute together. It’s good to have a BFF.

Posted by The Island Cats | July 25, 2015, 6:21 PM
  11. Love that song, and the photos are fantastic!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | July 25, 2015, 7:54 PM
  12. Best friends are Pawsome Rumpy,xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | July 25, 2015, 11:48 PM
  13. One of my favorite songs. Love the pics too. 🙂

Posted by Susan Langer | July 26, 2015, 2:20 AM
  14. It’s great to have a pal like that, Rumpy! My cats are my little pals.

Posted by Clowie | July 26, 2015, 3:45 AM
    • Do they try to cuddle with you when you don’t want them to? How’s the paw coming on Clowie?

Posted by rumpydog | July 26, 2015, 4:46 AM
      • They’re usually quite good about leaving me in peace if I don’t want to snuggle with them. One of them tries to groom my tail for me! My bipeds tell him that’s quite a task for his small tongue.
        My paw is completely better, thank you, Rumpy.

Posted by Clowie | July 26, 2015, 8:22 AM
  15. Those two are so sweet together!!

Posted by Jan K | July 26, 2015, 1:08 PM
  16. I love this song

hugs

Posted by Pen Brokaw | July 27, 2015, 11:55 AM
  17. Perfect song and lyrics to those adorable photos

Posted by Groovy Goldendoodles | July 27, 2015, 5:20 PM
  18. Thanks for the big smile of the day!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | July 28, 2015, 10:34 AM
  19. Oh dear Jen, you almost made me cry, this is so beautiful, so beautiful, I love you so much, Blessing and Happiness to you all, Thank you, love, nia

Posted by niasunset | July 29, 2015, 6:46 AM