cats

A New Role for Hissy Fit Jones

Hissy Fit Jones is struggling to find his new role in the family.

But I still disapprove of whatever it is you’re doing

He was always the outlier. The instigator. The “I like you, but not that much,” kinda guy.

Now he is finding the annoying little brother role is no longer working for him.

To be sure, he still bugs the piss out of Yella and Little Girl. Little Girl hisses at him when he gets too close, but poor Yella just grins and bears it. He’s such a loving soul, that one.

Yella and Hissy, the annoying little brother

Hissy wants a closer, more active relationship with me. I’m fine with it, and I can’t help but wonder if he’s wanted this all along but was overwhelmed with the larger-than-life personalities of Rumpy, June Buggie and Bubba.

Right now he’s napping on the back of the sofa directly behind me. Soon I’ll head to bed, and he’ll go upstairs with me. When I wake in the morning, I’ll most likely find him on the pillow above my head. And sometimes he even crawls in my lap and sits there while I give him some petting and scritches.

We are more laid-back these days. More quiet. Graybie and Yella love to be brushed and come to me daily for their turns. Hissy will come too, though he’s not much for the brush. He prefers a few scratches under the chin and to get in the way of the others.

He’s agreed to take over Bubba’s Twitter handle and Facebook page- for now

Smaller, I think, is going to be good for us.

26 thoughts on “A New Role for Hissy Fit Jones

1. That is a sweet photo of the 2 of them together.

Posted by 15andmeowing | October 15, 2017, 9:52 PM
  2. he is a sweet little brother now… I think anumals have this special senses to know when we need their love the most…

Posted by easyweimaraner | October 16, 2017, 12:47 AM
  3. Aw, sweet friend. This post made my day, even my week. It’s interesting to see the dynamics change when there’s a loss in the family. With three here, like yours, so close together, the remaining kitties were at loose ends for quite awhile, especially with the addition of the abandoned kitten. Several of them now claim to be her favorite aunt or uncle, she basks and thrives in the attention and everyone has started settling into new routines. They all send love and loud purring to you, Hissy, Yella, Graybie and Little Girl and tender hugs from me. >^..^<

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx11) | October 16, 2017, 12:53 AM
  4. Ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as deities. Apparently, feline contemporaries won’t let their human caretakers forget that. 🙂

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | October 16, 2017, 1:11 AM
  5. Lovely kitty pics.

Posted by pensitivity101 | October 16, 2017, 3:08 AM
  6. we all have to find our places again, every so often –

Posted by ksbeth | October 16, 2017, 4:35 AM
  7. I imagine it always takes time for the dust to settle and with some big personalities. So I’m guessing the little munchkins will settle and you will get to know very different personalities. And you moved house also. Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | October 16, 2017, 7:45 AM
  8. Hissy, good lucks with your take over of Bubba’s blog. I’m very glad that you decided to continue it. Truly……I know that for your fur family, there were quite a big changes and it much have been tough for you to accept it…..but please remember that all Rumpy’s fan, June Buggie and Bubba’s fan are here for you. Love you all. 🙂 From Angel kevin

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 16, 2017, 8:28 AM
  9. Sounds like you’re doing better. I’m glad to read this. It’s so sweet how Hissy follows you around. Love the photo of the two of them

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | October 16, 2017, 8:37 AM
  10. When I lost my old cat Jake, there was a redistribution of the social order for the rest of the cats. He was sick for so long and demanding so much attention that the others took care of themselves. Now they all have their moments in the sun. Purrs to you all!

Posted by Kate Crimmins | October 16, 2017, 8:47 AM
  11. Mee-you Hissy Fit Joness iss nice to have more 1 on 1 time with Lady Jenn mee finkss! Mee likes havin LadyMum all to meeself 😉 Mew mew mew……
    **Hi-5’sss** Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

Posted by NylabluesMum | October 16, 2017, 9:34 AM
  12. I love the picture of Yella and Hissy. I wish I could leave my bedroom door open so our cats could join us but Chris is far too annoying so everyone gets locked out.

Posted by Charles Huss | October 19, 2017, 7:37 PM
  13. I love that Hissy Fit Jones is figuring things out, and that you are all finding your way with this new reality. Hugs to you all.

Posted by meowmeowmans | November 4, 2017, 9:37 PM

Graybie Baby is doing his impersonation of Bat Boy! #blackcat #housepanther #cat #cats #caturday #catstagram #catsofinstagram #batboy