Jen's thoughts

Living in the Now

One thing about Trump being our president: he’s led more people to live in the now than Eckhart Tolle.

power of now

From the threat of nuclear war to the fear of a long, drawn-out government shutdown, many of us are embracing gratitude for what we have in the moment and knowing at any minute things could change.

We here are enjoying things today we usually put off for “someday.”

The cats had treats before bed last night, courtesy of our friend Eripan.

img_0124

Thank you so much Eripan!

I baked an oatmeal cake to enjoy for breakfast.

I am reading Wuthering Heights.

I encourage each of you to find a moment today to do something for no other reason than you want to.

What will you do today to enjoy the moment?

23 thoughts on “Living in the Now

1. So true, about shock or suffering or things that snap us out of a false sense of reality can bring us to this moment and have gratitude for what is there. And yes to do what you want to do now, with my one caveat that it doesn’t hurt another. There’s a lot of living in the moment going on around these parts.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | January 21, 2018, 8:18 AM
  2. That is very true. I try to always live in the now.

Posted by 15andmeowing | January 21, 2018, 8:41 AM
  3. i will finish my jigsaw puzzle while listening to music

Posted by ksbeth | January 21, 2018, 9:18 AM
  4. Hot tea, soft blanket, 2 lazy cats, one snoring dog, good book, classical music, knowing how very lucky I am. Peace to all.

Posted by Nina Scott | January 21, 2018, 9:33 AM
  5. Well said and so appropo. Instead of doing housework yesterday, I sat and read The Education of Little Tree (which I highly recommend), with a cup of tea and a 50+ pound Aussie in my lap. It was a great day!

Posted by Annie Barnes-Threet | January 21, 2018, 10:44 AM
    • I don’t think I’ve read that. I’ll have to add it to my list!

Posted by Rumpy's Kitty Siblings | January 21, 2018, 12:07 PM
      • One of the best books I’ve ever read. Author is Forrest Carter. You would really enjoy it. It’s about a five year old orphaned and adopted by his Cherokee grandparents in the Appalachian mountains of Tennessee during the great depression. It is both sad (exposing the callousness and cruelty of politicians, government bureaucrats and religious leaders) but funny and heartwarming too. Definitely a must read!

Posted by Annie Barnes-Threet | January 21, 2018, 1:23 PM
  6. These days, I am SOOOOO glad we are retired. I can’t imagine trying to cope with this world.

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | January 21, 2018, 1:23 PM
  7. EAT…EAT COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF FOOD. THAT’S WHAT I WILL DO and yes, that is the reason for my yelling caps lol

Posted by Dakota/Caren/Cody | January 21, 2018, 1:39 PM
  8. Watching NFL semi final play off game; eating corn chips & visiting you Jenn!
    Happy Sunday!
    Sherri-Ellen 🙂 & Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

Posted by NylabluesMum | January 21, 2018, 2:20 PM
  9. Go to the green market, get in some good walking, watch football, and try to finish Before We Were Yours”

Posted by corkscot | January 21, 2018, 6:51 PM
  10. We volunteered at the shelter. Which we do a lot, but still, it counts, right?

Posted by meowmeowmans | January 21, 2018, 9:05 PM
  11. I’m packing for my move. When all of that’s over I’ll do something fun. I don’t know how you moved so many times in the recent past.

Posted by Lynda and Duncan | January 21, 2018, 11:21 PM
  12. That book taught me a lot.

Posted by Jo Bryant | January 27, 2018, 2:57 PM
  13. I spent two hours catching up on blog posts rather than doing college work

Posted by 25castleson25clouds (@25cson25cs) | January 30, 2018, 8:56 AM

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w