Yella’s Vet Visit

This past weekend I felt a lump on the back of Yella’s neck. Today we went to see the vet.

Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide.

His ears were dirty and so he got them cleaned out and treated for yeast. He was not happy about that.

He also got told he needed to lose a few pounds (where have we heard that before?).  The vet said I was still feeding him too much, so now I’ll feed him once per day. This won’t go over well with him, but I have failed miserably with my other attempts to help him lose weight. I will give this a try and see how he does.

And he needs a dental.

So, what about the lump?

img_1070

It’s the red place on his neck.

The vet shaved his neck to get a good look. She didn’t think it was a mast cell tumor because of the S-shape of the knot. She is inclined to think it may be hives. I am going to monitor it for the next month and see if it grows. If it does, back to the vet to decide next steps.

Of course you know I am freaking out because both Junior and Bubba had cancerous cells in the neck area. But Yella continues to eat and does not act like the knot bothers him.

We will keep you posted.

30 thoughts on “Yella’s Vet Visit

1. It’s hard to put cats on a diet, especially with multiples. My Hazel will steal someone else’s food unless I’m standing guard! Good luck and I hope the lump isn’t serious.

Posted by Kate Crimmins | July 26, 2018, 6:48 PM
  2. Purrayers & POTP on the neck issue being benign. It’s so worrying to have something like that going on.

Posted by catladymac | July 26, 2018, 6:52 PM
  3. Getting our hefty dogs down to weight has been a continuing issue over the years. Dogs don’t care if they look good in a bikini, so it’s hard to motivate them.

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | July 26, 2018, 7:03 PM
  4. I will be praying for Yella.

Posted by 15andmeowing | July 26, 2018, 7:13 PM
  5. Hope it is hives and nothing serious.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | July 26, 2018, 7:15 PM
  6. Denis and I (Emily) will put our paws together and hope that the lump is nothing.

Posted by Sylvia Rogers | July 26, 2018, 8:06 PM
  7. Whew! What a relief. Good luck with the diet!!!

Posted by durhampa | July 26, 2018, 10:17 PM
  8. We hope the vet is right and the lump is just Hives,then it will be one less thing to worry about!Good luck with the diet for Yella,Goodness know how difficult that is to get right,at least you don’t have to worry about hubby going behind your back and giving treats to him as well.I know how hard a battle with weight it is with Speedy…..sigh,xx Rachel

Posted by speedyrabbit | July 27, 2018, 12:25 AM
  9. we cross all paws and fingers that it will not grow… and we hope for good news in some weeks… hugs and potp to you …

Posted by easyweimaraner | July 27, 2018, 12:39 AM
  10. What a relief!😊🐱 I was so worried about his lumps……I’m sorry that he has to loose his weight…..to me…he looks so cute but if we think of his health…poor Yella Fella….Sending love to him and his family from Japan. 💕💕💕

Posted by eripanwkevin | July 27, 2018, 1:24 AM
  11. That’s a worry. My thoughts are with you.

Good luck with Yella Fella’s diet.

Posted by Clowie | July 27, 2018, 1:35 AM
  12. Oh, fingers crossed!

Posted by Animalcouriers | July 27, 2018, 5:16 AM
  13. Hope it’s nothing that can’t be resolved quickly. Thinking of you.

Posted by pensitivity101 | July 27, 2018, 6:34 AM
  14. Fingers crossed, Yella!

Posted by justdrivewillyou | July 27, 2018, 7:58 AM
  15. Gad Nabit! Just when I have bought home my new fur-baby! Wait for Monday’s post to meet Miko……Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | July 27, 2018, 9:27 AM
  16. Sending oodles of poodles good thoughts on the lump.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | July 27, 2018, 1:53 PM
  17. divide food into two parts- measure for accuracy. Maybe you can fool him

Posted by corkscot | July 28, 2018, 7:41 PM
  18. Sending purrs for sweet Yella!

Posted by Andrea Kenner | July 29, 2018, 9:55 AM

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )