cats

The Sad Story of an Unloved Cat

Once upon a time there was a poor, misunderstood kitty whose vet said he was too fat.

His human caregiver, being quick to believe the rantings of an educated human over her incredibly wonderful cat, put him on a diet. It’s amazing I’m still alive.

While it’s true that I have weighed as much as 25 pounds, and I was at risk for diabetes, I am no longer that big, loveable creature I used to be. Now I am a thinner, healthier whiner. I whine A LOT! I whine in the morning. I whine in the afternoon. I whine at night.

I have also become a thief. Jen has to watch us all when we eat because I gulp down my food and then go on the hunt for others who have not yet finished their meal. She used to could put it up high, but I’ve managed to scale every high place, save one.

I am hoping in this new year that Jen finally comes to her senses and starts to feed me better, or I may eventually fade away! Will you help me????

50 thoughts on “The Sad Story of an Unloved Cat

1. “It’s because she loves you!”

Posted by Bernadette | January 4, 2019, 3:36 PM
  2. You will live long and be healthy)😻

Posted by ksbeth | January 4, 2019, 3:40 PM
  3. Nope, sorry mate πŸ™ it’s cos she loves you. Please whatever you do, don’t contact Pippin or any of our other cats, it will only end in our tears πŸ˜€

Posted by Animalcouriers | January 4, 2019, 3:51 PM
  4. Yes it is true!!! Re: your response to Bernadette. Listen to your biped mamma. πŸ˜‰

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | January 4, 2019, 3:54 PM
  5. You need to find a hobby to get your mind off food.
    Not sure what will work. Maybe catnip πŸ˜‰
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Posted by Mickey's Musings | January 4, 2019, 4:00 PM
  6. I’m gonna FEDEX you secret snacks!

Posted by Guido The Italian Kitty | January 4, 2019, 4:34 PM
  7. It coud be worse, you could be living on lettuce. Not very cat-like.

Posted by pensitivity101 | January 4, 2019, 4:44 PM
  8. oops, hit send too early! You’ll be a fine figure of a puss, and everyone will love you even more.

Posted by pensitivity101 | January 4, 2019, 4:45 PM
  9. My Hazel was like that. I put the food up and that worked until she lost enough weight to jump up!

Posted by Kate Crimmins | January 4, 2019, 4:52 PM
  10. You poor kitty. Maybe she could get you some lo calorie treats. You still look handsome. XO

Posted by 15andmeowing | January 4, 2019, 4:55 PM
  11. Reblogged this on Animals are Wonderful and commented:
    For cats as for humans unfortunately diet we must

Posted by RasmaSandra | January 4, 2019, 5:03 PM
  12. My cat Sid offers a sympathetic meow. He is one of the lucky cats. He eats like a horse but gains only in muscle and not fat. He looks slim but weights a ton when picked up all muscle and this cat can eat day and night if only I would feed him so much. He always rolls his eyes when I say – don’t tell me you want more?

Posted by RasmaSandra | January 4, 2019, 5:05 PM
  13. Text me your address! Going to Costco on Monday to pick up cat food and treats. I’ll send some in a plain brown box for you.

Posted by bigdogmom2013 | January 4, 2019, 6:13 PM
  14. Well, you did say that she used to put your food up high, but now you can get to it. Isn’t that because you are lighter and more limber because you lost weight ? So it’s a win/win !

Posted by catladymac | January 4, 2019, 7:38 PM
  15. What? I don’t believe it! You don’t look like butter would melt in your mouth. That sweet face? Steal food? You have done well on your diet. Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | January 5, 2019, 4:38 AM
  16. awwww poor kitty!

Posted by grannyK | January 5, 2019, 11:14 AM
  17. No because you are looking so good and doing so wellπŸ’œπŸ’œ happy New year Jen and all the gang πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Posted by willowdot21 | January 5, 2019, 11:28 AM
  18. I know it’s small comfort, but…”it really is for your own good.” Hang in there. 😸

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | January 5, 2019, 5:13 PM
  19. You poor kitty, Yella Fella. But we have ri say, you look fabulous!

Posted by meowmeowmans | January 6, 2019, 10:43 AM
  20. You will always look good in my eyes little kitty who thinks that they are a whiner. It is okay just hang in there all things will get better and it is for your own good. ❀ ❀

Posted by mlblogsredsoxlady35/lighthousekat | January 11, 2019, 11:20 PM
  21. Meow meow what wuud you like?? Mee cuud send sum Weruva tuna an chick-hen charm mee food…iss so guud!!!
    You are so handsum…mee hope you not fade away…..
    ***purrsss*** BellaDharma

Posted by BellaDharma's LadyMew | January 27, 2019, 1:10 PM
  22. Awww, you look so adorable!

Posted by felinebuddy | February 4, 2019, 12:22 PM
  23. Focus on this…..your not alone ! =^..^=

Posted by jamjet73 | February 25, 2019, 7:01 PM
  24. It’s good that your mom loves you enough to monitor your diet! I see ended up with a diabetic cat. She’s in remission and off of insulin now but, it took four years of constant poking! Twice a day to get shots and twice a day to check blood glucose levels. You don’t want to end up like my kitty. She only gets poked once a week now but, she didn’t like those 4 years, too much!

Posted by Cat Tails | March 6, 2019, 11:38 PM
  25. why she is looks so sad ?

Posted by Sabia Soha | May 5, 2019, 9:16 PM

1. Pingback: The Sad Story of an Unloved Cat β€” Dogpaddling Through Life – Pet World - January 26, 2019

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )