Yella’s Follow-Up

So we went back to the vet ophthalmologist yesterday for a two-week check-up.

Yella this past weekend

Yella still has the lumps on his eyelids, but much of the inflammation has receded and he acts like his eyes don’t bother him as much.  We’re to continue the drops for another three weeks and return for another follow-up appointment.

The visit took longer than expected, and so Yella had to go to my therapy appointment with me.  He was chill. Checked the place out and then hung out in his carrier with the door open.  He even let my therapist pet him.

My sweet, sleepy boy

A shout-out to the local CVS pharmacy who refilled his prescription last night.  I’d taken the original prescription to the local Walgreen’s because the vet gave me a special coupon to use, but the pharmacy didn’t accept it.  But CVS? They took it upon themselves to go to GoodRX and download a coupon for Yella’s meds, which cut the cost in half.  THANK YOU!

And a huge shout-out to my second job and the local people who choose to have their groceries delivered to them.  Because of you, I am able to afford my sweet boy’s specialist care.  THANKS!

Yella two weeks ago.

Well, time for me to get to work.  Have a great day and keep those fingers and paws crossed that Yella continues to improve.

36 thoughts on “Yella’s Follow-Up

1. power of the paw and healing thoughts to you.. and a hug to the people who lowerd the price for the meds… such little good things are worth much more than the daily circus what is around us…

Posted by easyweimaraner | July 16, 2019, 7:12 AM
  2. Yaaay! Great news. And so good to hear about people being kind, when kindness seems so rare. Keep getting better, YF!

Posted by justdrivewillyou | July 16, 2019, 7:46 AM
  3. Praying for you Tells 💜

Posted by willowdot21 | July 16, 2019, 7:53 AM
  4. Sorry meant Yella darn predicted text 😒

Posted by willowdot21 | July 16, 2019, 7:55 AM
  5. I switched pharmacies because one wouldn’t work with me. They once told me there wasn’t a generic for my $400 eye drops so I didn’t get it filled. I took it somewhere else and the pharmacist said there wasn’t an identical generic but another drug that did the same thing. She took it upon herself to call my eye doc and the the change approved. New med $40. Seriously! Hugs for Yella. As long as he’s happy it’s all good.

Posted by Kate Crimmins | July 16, 2019, 8:12 AM
  6. Glad to hear that Yella’s lumps is improved! 💕🐱

Posted by eripanwkevin | July 16, 2019, 9:42 AM
  7. Glad Yella is improving. 🙂

Posted by 15andmeowing | July 16, 2019, 11:06 AM
  8. Glad your glass is more than half full today!!!

Posted by Bernadette | July 16, 2019, 11:16 AM
  9. Good to hear that Yella is getting better!

Posted by Catwoods | July 16, 2019, 11:50 AM
  10. Glad to hear he’s improving. Fingers and paws crossed it continues. And good on CVS!!

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | July 16, 2019, 12:12 PM
  11. Yay yay for kitty 🐱

Posted by Sheila Odom | July 16, 2019, 4:34 PM
  12. Yella is gorgeous! I hope his lumpy eyes heal soon.

Posted by iamthesunking | July 16, 2019, 5:06 PM
  13. Good news!

Posted by Patricia | July 16, 2019, 5:48 PM
  14. We sure hope Yella continues to improve!

Posted by Brian Frum | July 16, 2019, 6:16 PM
  15. Purrayers and POTP for Yella’s continued healing – and that everybody else stays well ! Thanks for the tip about CVS – one of my cats needs mega $$$ asthma meds .

Posted by catladymac | July 16, 2019, 6:49 PM
  16. Great news on the eyes! Glad they don’t annoy him as they don’t look comfortable, yet. What a pharmacy!

Posted by Animalcouriers | July 17, 2019, 6:25 AM
  17. Meow meow Miss Jen you are THE sweetest Cat Meowy!! An you take such guud care of all yore furbabiess….
    Mee iss sendin Yella Fella POTP an so many ***purrsss***! LadyMeow sendsss her purrayerss too!
    **purrsss** an ❤ ❤ BellaDharma

Posted by BellaDharma'ss LadyMeow | July 17, 2019, 9:58 AM
  18. Keep up the good work! GoodRx is a god send. Walgreens…not so much.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | July 17, 2019, 1:00 PM
  19. That’s really good news about Yella. We’re glad he’s continuing to improve and will keep purring and praying. LOved that he went to your therapy appointment with you. 🙂

Posted by meowmeowmans | July 17, 2019, 9:37 PM
  20. I’m glad Yella’s eyes are improving!

Posted by Clowie | July 18, 2019, 4:21 AM
  21. You are a GREAT cat mom!

Posted by kdkhadacek | July 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.