pets, poetry

A Holiday Poem by Rumpy T. Drummond

Oh Dog! It’s Friday! I am so glad!

Today in honor of the season, I will share this poem.

059

An original poem by Rumpy Dog!

The Holidays

—by your companion animal

Weekends were fun, ’til the holidays came.

Now ‘tis the season,’ and nothing’s the same.

They’re up early shopping, they’re gone in a rush.

There’s decorations everywhere, but “No! No! Don’t touch!”

The humans are baking. The smells fill the air.

But nothing for me. That just isn’t fair!

In this season of joy, of goodwill toward man,

Don’t forget goodwill toward man’s best friend!

Bah! Humbug!

Bah! Humbug!

32 thoughts on “A Holiday Poem by Rumpy T. Drummond

1. Loving you so much πŸ™‚ This was so nice. Thank you dear little friends, don’t forget to give a big kiss for me to your lovely Jenny too! Love, nia

Posted by niasunset | December 6, 2013, 5:48 AM
  2. We love your poem, Rumpy Dog! It’s beautiful! πŸ™‚

Kitty hugs, Roxy & Tigerlino

Posted by purrfectkitties | December 6, 2013, 5:51 AM
  3. Purrfect Poem, Rumpy, and the Hissy Elf looks so cute πŸ™‚ Pawkiss for a Happy weekend πŸ™‚

Posted by angelswhisper2011 | December 6, 2013, 6:21 AM
  4. That was a nice poem, I hope you will get cookies too, you are the Cookie-Saurus :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | December 6, 2013, 6:24 AM
  5. You should come visit me. We are baking for dogs, spending lots of time together, no leaving us behind here!

Posted by Emmadog | December 6, 2013, 6:55 AM
  6. Hi Rumpy Dog!

We love your blog so much, that we’ve nominated you for the Blog of the Year Award 2013!
    We know you’ve already received this award, but we wanted you to claim another star! πŸ˜€

For more information, and the rules of the Award, check out this link:

Congratulations! We hope you get the maximum of 6 stars! πŸ™‚

Kitty hugs,
    Roxy & Tigerlino

Posted by purrfectkitties | December 6, 2013, 7:38 AM
  7. Hi Rumy, Mollie here. “What? The holidays aren’t to commemorate pets? In our house the decorations are nice and dangly so we have something to do. Our pictures are on the holiday cards and people come to oooh and ahhhh us because we are so pretty. Life is good here.”

Posted by katecrimmins | December 6, 2013, 8:22 AM
  8. Always beautiful poem Rumpy!!! I love this season, too as everybody looks so happy and cheerful! You and June Buggie are cool with the santa hat and santa uniform! It’s one of my most favorite pictures of June Buggie! πŸ™‚

Posted by eripanwkevin | December 6, 2013, 9:20 AM
  9. wow Rumpster! Great poem! I absolutely loved it! very well said!
    (http://ownedbyahusky.blogspot.ca)

Posted by HuskyCrazed SibePage | December 6, 2013, 9:23 AM
  10. We love your poem Rumpy. We thinks you look so cute in your Santa hat. If it was up to us you would get more presents just for looking cute. June Buggie is a really cute elf. We have a big tree in our house. We thought our pawrents put it up so that we could play “ambush.” Mom gets all nervous when we do that. Why do hoomans put stuff out if it isn’t for us to play with? Love, Cali, Andy, Tater and Shelly (C.A.T.S)

Posted by Judy & C.A.T.S | December 6, 2013, 9:38 AM
  11. Apaws, apaws Rumpy! You are inspiring me! Woooowooooooo!

Posted by Kuruk | December 6, 2013, 10:21 AM
  12. Pawesome poem! =^.^=

Posted by baileyboatcat | December 6, 2013, 10:52 AM
  13. THAT is a SUPER Poem Rumpy!!!

Posted by Frankie and Ernie | December 6, 2013, 11:26 AM
  14. Love it!xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | December 6, 2013, 11:57 AM
  15. Of course there’s stuff for you, darlings. Just … not EVERYTHING … which is what you want πŸ™‚

Posted by Teepee12 | December 6, 2013, 12:34 PM
  16. Love your poem!! So sad that it rings true for so many pets! Hope you’re enjoying the holidays so far!!

Posted by The Golden Life | December 6, 2013, 1:23 PM
  17. Too cute! During the holidays, since our family is so far from us, we tend to involve our critters as much as possible. By making stockings for them and stuffing them with safe home-made treats, a couple of brand new toys, tip-proof christmas tree, and critter-safe decorations.

Posted by Victoria Carter | December 6, 2013, 1:29 PM
  18. good one Rumpy! Thanks for reminding the humans!

Posted by Dakota/Caren/Cody | December 6, 2013, 1:48 PM
  19. That’s a great poem! I think it should be the official Doggy Christmas Anthem. πŸ™‚

Posted by raisingdaisy | December 6, 2013, 2:00 PM
  20. We LOVE your picture and your poem, R. Sometimes, when the cookie smells get too overwhelming, you have to take matters into your own paws, if you know what I mean.

Love and licks and a few crumbs stuck to my lips,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | December 6, 2013, 2:53 PM
  21. Wonderful poem. But not quite true for us. As long as the oven is heated up, we make sweet potato treats for Honey. It makes her feel less bad about not getting cookies. πŸ™‚

Posted by somethingwagging | December 6, 2013, 3:33 PM
  22. Rumpy, that poem says exactly how we feel about the holidays too. πŸ™‚

Posted by The Island Cats | December 6, 2013, 6:13 PM
  23. Great poem!

Posted by Pup Fan | December 6, 2013, 8:45 PM
  24. Love the poem, Rumpy. You are so talented!!

Posted by Moxie Reviewsβ„’ (@MoxieReviews) | December 7, 2013, 1:45 PM
  25. Great poem, I think it’s so important to include your pets in the holiday fun as long as it’s safe for them.

Posted by Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom | December 7, 2013, 4:39 PM
  26. Cute! πŸ™‚ Rumpy is an excellent poet.

Posted by ILoveDogs | December 7, 2013, 4:54 PM
  27. Awwww….Rumpers….what a wonderful poem…purrs, Savannah

Posted by Savannah's Paw Tracks | December 8, 2013, 9:25 AM
  28. Very great poem!!!

Posted by theOKdogblog | December 8, 2013, 11:05 AM
  29. MOL bery guud poem Rumpy…me n Mum finkz Santa will bring ya speshell treets cause ya iz such a guud poochie…
    Lub Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum xoxo

Posted by Nylabluesmum | December 8, 2013, 9:31 PM
  30. Reblogged this on Penspen's Blog.

Posted by penspen | December 14, 2013, 4:45 PM