Hissy Fit Jones Says…..

Yesterday was annual shots day for several of the gang, including Hissy Fit Jones.

As you would expect, it didn’t go well.

hissy vetThank goodness that only happens once a year!

32 thoughts on “Hissy Fit Jones Says…..

1. Oh boy… My cats don’t enjoy the vet either but it has to be done. Like you said – it’s only once a year!

Posted by Finer Things in Life | August 17, 2014, 6:34 AM
  2. Not a happy day in the Christmas Pie household either – although always surprised how quickly they rush back into their basket in the vets. Wish they were as keen when we are trying to get them in the basket ready for their appointment.

Posted by cpc2012 | August 17, 2014, 6:41 AM
  3. cats don’t enjoy going to the vet but when it is necessary like it or not they have to go 🙂

Posted by paul | August 17, 2014, 6:59 AM
  4. What a relief the everybody (the vet included) survived last day! 🙂

Posted by kolytyi | August 17, 2014, 7:09 AM
  5. That’s a very good “chase the vet away” face Hissy Fit Jones…. bet the vet felt like a hero as he placed the shot on you :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | August 17, 2014, 7:25 AM
  6. I know the feeling

Posted by SandySays1 | August 17, 2014, 7:51 AM
  7. My cats have a few tips for Hissy. Hissy, have you tried peeing on everyone? That can cause a commotion. One cat even pooped on my mother. Hazel crawled under the radiator in the vet’s office and wouldn’t come out. Next time we went, there was a grate nailed over the space. Jake used to glue himself inside the carrier so he didn’t even come out when it was turned upside down. Of course we have a new carrier for him so that can’t happen again. Glad it’s over for another year.

Posted by katecrimmins | August 17, 2014, 8:00 AM
  8. Hissy, if there was a mask of that face, I’d strap it on and use it every vet day! AND every nail clipping day! #notinthemoodsometimes

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | August 17, 2014, 8:18 AM
  9. Been there, done that. Poor Jack. I need to drug him into a stupor to get him to even go inside the vet’s office.

Posted by bitcodavid | August 17, 2014, 9:06 AM
  10. Oh dear…..I think because we take the girls so many times out and off during fire season they are kinda used to it..does not stop the singing in the car though..and once at the vets and in the office they stroll around quite happy..of course they revenge spray sometimes in their carriers..but I have wrassled my air share of ferals and it’s not for the faint hearted at all hahahhaaha 🙂 welding gloves a necessity 🙂 glad you survived hugs Fozziemum

Posted by fozziemum | August 17, 2014, 9:12 AM
    • Ah, remember Hissy was born to a feral mom, and while he has made great strides, he does still revert to his nature when stressed.

Posted by rumpydog | August 17, 2014, 9:13 AM
      • Oh indeed he will..the fear factor and the change in routine is incredible for some cats..especially when they are from feral backgrounds…I know some very placid cats that come vet time become wildcats…and those claws and tetth and the strength is amazing…I still have some brutal scars from a feral..ripped my gloves to shreds…my fault I mis read his body language..eyes on the ball at all times!

Posted by fozziemum | August 17, 2014, 9:18 AM
  11. I’m now wondering how Jen manages to take those gangs to the vet…..in our case, it’s always hard to catch our cats who don’t like vet and put them in the carry basket……takes long time before car ride…..*sigh*

Posted by eripanwkevin | August 17, 2014, 9:48 AM
  12. Oh man, we don’t like those needles! And to think that bipeds go to weird doctors to have acupuncture needles put in them to make them feel better. What’s wrong with this world?!!! BOL max, bella, & lady

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | August 17, 2014, 12:29 PM
  13. Bahahaha!!!!!!

Posted by Marty the Manx | August 17, 2014, 12:58 PM
  14. Our vet gives three year shots.

Posted by corkscot | August 17, 2014, 6:33 PM
  15. BOL!!! No doubt! I don’t blame ya Hissy fit Jones!! The vet is no fun!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | August 17, 2014, 9:10 PM
  16. Thank Ceiling Cat it is only once a year. Great expression!

Posted by Cathy Keisha (@CathyKeisha) | August 18, 2014, 10:13 AM
  17. RC Cat shares your pain. Purring in solidarity!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | August 19, 2014, 6:02 PM

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram