Jen's thoughts

I Still Hate Mondays

When I went from a Monday to Friday work schedule to a Saturday to Tuesday schedule, I thought that would take away Monday’s power to make my life miserable.

I was so wrong. It made Monday even MORE powerful.

SOUCE: cliparts.co

SOUCE: cliparts.co

Now Monday has the power to reach out across the week and make Saturday- happy, wonderful Saturday- the bad guy. Oh, how I now dread Saturday!

And because one cannot have an awful day of the week without dreading it the day before, now Friday is no longer a happy day either.

It’s so unfair!!!!!

Do I still dread Mondays too? Absolutely!

SOUCE: cliparts.co

SOURCE: cliparts.co

Monday is the day the suits show back up at work, meaning we’re running around completing all the bureaucratic tasks that could not be accomplished over the weekend and listening politely while they rip us to shreds over everything we did wrong while they were gone. *cue heavy sigh*

I still dread Monday as much as I did so before, which means Sunday is screwed as well.

Monday, you are a formidable opponent. But don’t count me out yet. I am still searching for a way to defeat you, and one day I will.

I WILL be victorious! SOURCE: cliparts.co

I WILL be victorious! SOURCE: cliparts.co

11 thoughts on “I Still Hate Mondays

1. yes, that’s true… sunday becomes the brother of the moanday that way …. :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | November 16, 2015, 5:15 AM
  2. Ugh shift work for years had me hating all days ..because they were spent in a semi coma after working nights..i think most other Mums thought i had a drinking problem..would pick the kids up from school with sunglasses on all the time…the eyes were a shocker from lack of sleep..hope your days get their act together 😉

Posted by Fozziemum | November 16, 2015, 6:14 AM
  3. I think the problem is work. It is the original four letter word!

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | November 16, 2015, 10:38 AM
    • You are absolutely right. It is work. My problem was I started to dislike Sunday nights because I knew the next morning was Monday. When I retired I thought it might be different. Not at first. I volunteered at the Humane Society on Mondays and on of the staff would find a reason to yell at me. I was playing with one of the little dogs in the hallway (which was the only place there was) and he yelled at me because that was where he ate lunch. If it wasn’t one thing it was another. I stopped volunteering and now I no longer dread Sunday nights. Retirement is great. I don’t do anything and BJ loves it because I’m home.

Posted by BJ | November 16, 2015, 12:31 PM
    • LOL! Yes, it is! I need to remember that one.

Posted by Alejandro De La Garza | November 16, 2015, 7:57 PM
  4. If you remember who Brenda Ann Spencer was, you’re aware of feelings toward this particular day. You know I wouldn’t normally place a link on your page, but this story is apropos, and I think you and your fellow canines will enjoy it.

Posted by bitcodavid | November 16, 2015, 10:40 AM
  5. This is a good one!  I like.

Posted by JENNIFER THREET | November 17, 2015, 10:44 PM
  6. I’ve learned that ANY day can be a Monday despite what the calendar says. Hang in there. It’s a mere 24 hours to get to Tuesday and deep breaths. 😉

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | November 19, 2015, 10:20 AM
  7. Please let us know a way to defeat nasty Monday if you find out!!!!

Posted by eripanwkevin | November 23, 2015, 2:45 AM