cats, pets

Cats Defeat Dogs in the Photography Department!

MEOW! June Buggie here.

IMG_5760

MEOW!

It’s always chapped my ass that dogs seem to get more of everything in this world.

They have more money spent on them.

There are more medications available for dogs than cats.

There are dog parks, dog weddings, dog food out the butt.

But FINALLY it looks like us cats have beat the dogs in one key area.

Photos taken.

Yes, a company called MiMedia surveyed 1000 people and found that cat people take more photos of their cats than dog people of their dogs-over twice as many, actually. Dog people take on average 2 photos of their dog per day, whereas cat people take 4-5 cat photos daily.

Now I’ll be honest: I think their survey is a bunch of hooey. It claims that only 27% of cat owners are female, and we ALL know that ain’t true.

But I’ll take a win any way I can get it. So take that, you slobbery, yowling mutts! When it comes to photo sessions, CATS RULE!

IMG_5781

Hey Jen, you’re not taking enough photos of me.

25 thoughts on “Cats Defeat Dogs in the Photography Department!

1. and you have your own day: caturday and a main city, catmandu, is named by cats… and a land: catnada :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 11, 2016, 9:24 AM
  2. 27% female? Yes, very suspect. But I do agree with their findings on the pictures! I take way more pics of my cats than our dog. Poor Eddie.

Posted by threechattycats | March 11, 2016, 9:29 AM
  3. Hey, no offense JB, but the Rumpster’s got you beat paws down. Sorry dude, but it is what it is.

Posted by bitcodavid | March 11, 2016, 12:01 PM
  4. Can’t believe only 27% of cat owners are women. No wonder why people take more pictures of their cats. (purrr)

Posted by BJ Pup (Lynda) | March 11, 2016, 2:16 PM
  5. JB is right, of course, Jen. Step it up. Meanwhile, Mom’s phone has so many pictures of me it’s about to burst into flames!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 11, 2016, 2:26 PM
  6. We get triple points for cats ruling the Interwebz though! So hahaha to all you stinky smells-like-a-wet-dog slobbery mutts out there!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | March 11, 2016, 2:59 PM
  7. Cats are quite photogenic. I know I take a lot of cat pictures.

Posted by Charles Huss | March 11, 2016, 3:36 PM
  8. We know there’s a ton of photos of us taken!

Posted by The Island Cats | March 11, 2016, 5:07 PM
  9. Hmm interesting statistic. I heard that too and also heard that maybe it’s because dog people are doing outside activities with their dogs while cat people are inside the house watching them.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | March 12, 2016, 11:39 AM
  10. Mmmmm…..I LOVE looking at your photos June Buggie…..even though I don’t take much pgotos of mine…..I don’t know why but probably I see them everyday, so I don’t need photos of them. Howvere about you, I can only see you on photos…..I wish I could see you, your gangs and Rumpy in real….*sniff*

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 13, 2016, 5:58 AM
  11. Well, we know WE take a lot of cat pictures! 🙂

Posted by meowmeowmans | March 13, 2016, 8:28 PM
  12. Dogs do get all the fun! I also take more pictures of my cats. Mostly because I catch them in the act more often!

Posted by TossedCookie | March 13, 2016, 8:40 PM
  13. Your cat is beautiful. Thank you for the post.

Posted by vivavets | March 14, 2016, 1:53 PM
  14. Look no further than a group like Blogpaws to know it’s all about the dogs. We’ve been making inroads because we refuse to stay silent any longer. Dogs drool; cats rule.

Posted by Cathy Keisha | March 14, 2016, 4:46 PM
  15. Also, did you know that something gets shared the most on social if it has a cat on it? Cats are more popular than anything else online

Posted by 25castleson25clouds (@25cson25cs) | March 15, 2016, 5:35 AM
  16. Cats do have cute cornered!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 16, 2016, 2:00 PM

I'm hanging in the linen closet today. I'm feeling better! #gi#eldercat #caturday #cats #cat #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #catstagram