dogs, pets

A Weekend with Rumpy

Rumpy will not stay in the same room with me.

img_7724

Maybe it’s because I take so many photos?

At first I thought it was the temp of the room, because the living room tends to be warmer than the bedroom. But this weekend I noticed when I entered the room where he lay, he’d soon get up and move to the other room. If I tried to engage him in some interaction, he’d leave sooner. I asked him why, but he just looks at me.

Rumpy mostly sleeps, but he does enjoy going outside. He doesn’t have much stamina, and a walk around the yard can wear him out. Mostly we stand and he sniffs the air and listens to what’s happening out there. His appetite is fair. I do get him to eat and take his meds thanks to his love of chicken and peanut butter.

Bubba Cat has quickly gone downhill and I don’t expect him to be with us much longer. He isn’t eating well and mostly sleeps on top of the towels in the bathroom closet. I’m not surprised, really. Bubba and Rumpy have always been close.

I had treats. He was interested enough to stay.
Today I am grateful for time outside, cookies eaten, and photos taken. For a weekend spent together, even if much of it wasn’t spent in the same room.

As long as he knows I love him, that’s all that matters.

48 thoughts on “A Weekend with Rumpy

1. Dear Jenny, Rumpy feels you and doesn’t want to see you in sadness, Try to act as before, I know it is not easy. I was same as you with my other cat. They feel inside of our heart and mind… He is so adorable, dear Jenny, My best wishes and love to you all, Thanks, nia

Posted by niasunset | February 27, 2017, 4:58 AM
  2. There’s no way I can ‘like’ this ☹️ Lots of love coming your way x

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | February 27, 2017, 5:00 AM
  3. hugs to you and rumpy… big hugs…

Posted by easyweimaraner | February 27, 2017, 5:04 AM
  4. He knows you love him and he knows you’re there for him.

Posted by Clowie | February 27, 2017, 5:07 AM
  5. They both know you love them. (((Hugs)))

The Florida Furkids

Posted by The Florida Furkids | February 27, 2017, 5:12 AM
  6. Sending Loving Energies to Rumpy, Bubba, and you! I understand the challenges and the difficulties of these type of days. It’s the little things to enjoy! ❤

Posted by becca givens | February 27, 2017, 5:17 AM
  7. I feel for you, it must be hard. Rumpy knows you love him though and he loves you, no matter what is causing him to go in another room. Sending hugs.

Posted by Fiona | February 27, 2017, 5:21 AM
  8. I am so sorry. This must be a very difficult time for you.

Posted by Andrea Kenner | February 27, 2017, 5:22 AM
  9. He knows… we all know your love for the big guy.

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 27, 2017, 5:30 AM
  10. Hugs to you all 🐾

Posted by Catherine Johnson | February 27, 2017, 5:32 AM
  11. My heart breaks for you. It is such a difficult time. Sending big HUGS!

Posted by mariodacat | February 27, 2017, 5:37 AM
  12. Dear Jen, Rumpy and knows how much you love him and care about him. I’m sure that he loves you and you are the most important lady in his life. Dogs are very smart animal and they try to stay with their human as long as they can, I believe. We are sending lots of love to Rumpy and to you, Jen.

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 27, 2017, 5:42 AM
  13. Warm hugs to everybody.

Posted by Photofinland by Rantasalot | February 27, 2017, 5:43 AM
  14. Maybe Rumpy knows, how much you love him and when he stays with you in your room he is too alert with loving you back and cannot stay calm enough to pace himself.
    My thoughts are with you all.

Posted by puzzleblume | February 27, 2017, 5:49 AM
  15. Rumpy knows you love him… you can see it in that sweet face in both pictures. Hugs to you. When Z Cat was so sick before we helped her pass, I had to give her shots for congestion and she started to run from me. Broke my heart and I did worry that she didn’t think I loved her anymore, that she didn’t trust me. Rumpy loves peanut butter? ♥

Posted by Under the Oaks | February 27, 2017, 6:44 AM
  16. I hear you sister! And feeling like a stalker! I hear you on that too. Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | February 27, 2017, 6:45 AM
  17. Big hugs, I am so sorry for the sadness, it is devastating losing a loved one.

Posted by Stacey | February 27, 2017, 8:12 AM
  18. He knows, Jen. 😉 xoM

Posted by Margarita | February 27, 2017, 8:23 AM
  19. Dakota’s been doing that to me too. I went outside to sit with him while I was working… he went inside. Since I didn’t want to be outside by myself in the chill, I went back inside. 30 seconds later Dakota was back outside sleeping on the patio. Malamutes….

Posted by Chris M Anderson | February 27, 2017, 8:37 AM
  20. Jen,my heart breaks for you. Rumpy is so lucky to have you. Sometimes my Izzy will do the whole avoiding thing too,I call it her,”me time”. When she is done she’ll come and hangout with me again.

Posted by Ruth | February 27, 2017, 9:00 AM
  21. As the others have said, he knows! The heartache of these days is worth it for the love there is between you! But oh does I hurt! ❤

Posted by CATachresis | February 27, 2017, 10:05 AM
  22. He knows, of that there can be no doubt!

Posted by 25castleson25clouds (@25cson25cs) | February 27, 2017, 10:41 AM
  23. Dogs know how we feel about them. Thinking of you all.

Posted by pensitivity101 | February 27, 2017, 11:30 AM
  24. Oh sad that both Rumpy and Bubba are slowing down at the same time. Not much I can say other than sending love to you all.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | February 27, 2017, 11:33 AM
  25. Oh this is so sad! We are sending healing vibes to ALL of you. *ear licks* Noodle

Posted by noodle4president | February 27, 2017, 12:01 PM
  26. (((hugs))) ❤

Posted by bigdogmom2013 | February 27, 2017, 12:19 PM
  27. Sending you all lots of love

Posted by JA Hitchcock (@Netcrimes) | February 27, 2017, 12:44 PM
  28. sending hugs!

Posted by willowdot21 | February 27, 2017, 2:18 PM
  29. We all let go in our own way. Maybe he was in a mood. Maybe he is preparing. Whatever it is, he knows you love him. Whatever is happening, he loves you too. Holding you both in the light.

Posted by anotherboomerblog | February 27, 2017, 3:16 PM
  30. Just one look at Rumpy’s eyes and the expression on his face and it says how much he loves you. I feel so sad for you at this time. I wish you peace for all the time you will spend with Rumpy and Bubba Cat.

Posted by Lynda Fisher | February 27, 2017, 5:52 PM
  31. Hang in there. He’s such a cool guy.

R

Posted by Ralph | February 27, 2017, 8:39 PM
  32. Both Rumpy and Bubba Cat know how much you love them even when you aren’t in the room with you. Proximity doesn’t have any affect on the depth of love.

Posted by Paprika Furstenburg | February 28, 2017, 7:39 AM
  33. Sorry to hear Rumpy is feeling moody. My cat is going through a period of being less affectionate. The only time she pays me any attention is when I’m going to the bathroom and she reaches under the door to try and scratch my feet. I’ve been pretending to go to the bathroom more and more.

Posted by The Good Greatsby | February 28, 2017, 11:24 AM
  34. Being outside and sniffing the air – always pleasant entertainment.
    You’re so astute to let both of them find their spots and their own comforts.
    Hugs

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | February 28, 2017, 11:44 AM
  35. Sending healing ‘cookies’ your way to both.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | February 28, 2017, 4:54 PM
  36. Oh. You have your hands full. Yes, they know you love them. In their way they want to spare you the pain to come.

Posted by dogdaz | March 1, 2017, 2:25 PM
  37. So sorry to hear this. I have two fur babies at home and I can’t imagine. Hugs are being sent your way!

Posted by adrianaolverablog | March 2, 2017, 9:14 AM