dogs, pets

All is Calm in Rumpydog Land

I want you to know that after I wrote that last blog post, Rumpy decided he now DOES want to be around me. So we’re usually in the same room. It’s comforting for me; I hope it is for him as well.

img_7748

My sweet, forever happy dog

The Rumpster seems to have rallied lately. Yesterday he actually pulled me up the hill from the backyard to the front and he danced playfully with me inside the house! I laughed so hard and he seemed so happy.

I’m hoping it’s because he’s gotten some energy back now that he’s eating better. Or maybe it’s the other way around. I don’t know. I’m just happy to report he cleans his bowl both morning and night and eats his treats.

Or maybe it was because he was so happy to see me after severe storms moved through the area during the day. I really didn’t want to leave them, and I think there should be some sort of rule that if the weather was too bad to leave a teen home alone, you shouldn’t leave your pets home alone either. I worried about them all day, and a wreck that delayed my arrival home by a half hour didn’t help either.

Having a go around the yard

And how is Bubba Cat? He is also eating better. Not every time. Not this morning. But he did eat pretty good last night. With Bubba I feed him whenever he wants. And he’s never had a problem letting me know when he wants something. He likes curling up on top of the towels in the bathroom closet so I put his food there and he nibbles as he pleases.

Bubba Cat decided to nap on the back of the sofa near my head

So all is calm today in Rumpydog Land, and for that I am grateful.

47 thoughts on “All is Calm in Rumpydog Land

1. i’m glad for the calm

Posted by ksbeth | March 2, 2017, 4:23 AM
  2. Great news!

Posted by Catherine Johnson | March 2, 2017, 4:58 AM
  3. Good to hear!

Posted by Andrea Kenner | March 2, 2017, 5:23 AM
  4. It sounds as though Bubba has chosen a comfortable spot. I’m glad Rumpy is having some fun.

Posted by Clowie | March 2, 2017, 5:35 AM
  5. Whatever the reason of combinTion of things I’m very pleased the Rumpster is doing better. Jamima was on the back of the couch earlier, her claws digging into my right shoulder attempting to get to my dinner! 🤗

Posted by helentastic67 | March 2, 2017, 5:53 AM
  6. Thanks for the update, and such a positive one today. Thinking of you and your babes.

Posted by pensitivity101 | March 2, 2017, 6:35 AM
  7. Rumpy you made s super decision… to know it goes a little better is like a gift… ;o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 2, 2017, 6:37 AM
  8. Calm in Rumpydog Land sounds wonderful. I could learn a thing or two from Rumpy! Thinking of all of you!

Posted by Under the Oaks | March 2, 2017, 7:18 AM
  9. Thank you very much for the update, Jen. I’ so glad to hear that Rumpy eats better and Bubba seems to be well. Whenever I see Rumpy’s picture, which he seems to be better, I feel very relieved…his happy face makes my day much happier. I love you, Rumpy. 😘

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 2, 2017, 7:54 AM
  10. Murphy doesn’t care about storms but Curly hates them and paces. I agree we should be home if they allowed. 🙂

Murphy loves Rumpy very much and happy to hear he is doing a little better. He’s a good boy!

Posted by Holly Atkins | March 2, 2017, 8:46 AM
  11. What a relief to read this and that both Rumpy and Bubba had good days yesterday. Got all our fingers and paws crossed today, tomorrow, and as many as possible continue. And I smiled when I read you laughed. So happy it is better for you as well 🙂

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | March 2, 2017, 9:04 AM
  12. Glad to know Rumpy is doing so well and Bubba, too! 🙂 Too bad you couldn’t take the day off to weather the storm with them. That should definitely be allowed!

Posted by Debbie D. | March 2, 2017, 9:13 AM
  13. Good to hear!!!!!!

Posted by JA Hitchcock (@Netcrimes) | March 2, 2017, 9:21 AM
  14. That is great news to hear and We will all take that as I am sure you will too,hugs xx Rachel

Posted by speedyrabbit | March 2, 2017, 10:51 AM
  15. Lovely to hear this news! ❤

Posted by CATachresis | March 2, 2017, 10:56 AM
  16. So good news, tha nk you for telling us.

Posted by Photofinland by Rantasalot | March 2, 2017, 4:40 PM
  17. This is great news! Thanks for the update.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | March 2, 2017, 5:01 PM
  18. Wonderful news!

Posted by ravenhawks magazine | March 2, 2017, 6:03 PM
  19. It is great that he is eating.

Posted by corkscot | March 2, 2017, 8:14 PM
  20. That is good to hear and for Bubba Cat too.

Posted by Animalcouriers | March 3, 2017, 5:35 AM
  21. hoo-ray….what a good mama bubba and rumpy have!!!!!

Posted by murphysmission | March 3, 2017, 12:43 PM
  22. I am happy for all of you 😀

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | March 3, 2017, 3:49 PM
  23. I read this happy news earlier in the week, and thought I had commented. But I don’t see my comment. In any case, know that my heart was (and is) happy along with yours, Jen. Here’s wishing many more good days yet to come.

Posted by meowmeowmans | March 5, 2017, 8:29 AM
  24. That’s brilliant news, I am so pleased. I am dancing along with you all x

Posted by 25castleson25clouds (@25cson25cs) | March 6, 2017, 9:01 AM

I say I'm helping Jen work, but she says I'm a hindrance. I say shes full of it. #eldercat #gingercat #cat #cats #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram