cats, pets

June Buggie’s Latest Vet Visit

Today I took June Buggie back to the vet because he has not gotten any better.

img_8148

The vet found a tumor on his neck beneath his right ear. The tumor is huge- about the size of a golf ball. It’s not observable because it’s located deep. The vet said that she’s not sure if removal is a possibility because of location. We’d have to do a CT scan to see if it’s entangled in his spine and/or nervous system.

But all that is irrelevant because surgery at this point would be risky. June Buggie’s hyperthyroidism is not under control and he hasn’t been eating.

The vet gave June Buggie a steroid shot to see if it will shrink the tumor and stimulate his appetite. We go back in a week for follow-up.

I am resigned to the fact that I will most likely soon say good-bye to Junior. Please keep us in your thoughts.

47 thoughts on “June Buggie’s Latest Vet Visit

1. I’m so sorry. What a difficult year for you and your pack. Sending you strong and compassionate thoughts.

Posted by KDKH | May 24, 2017, 10:44 AM
  2. I hope the shot will help and maybe the tumor will be smaller when you see the vet again… hugs to you and to June Buggie… I hope so much that it will not happen again so shortly after you lost Rumpy….

Posted by easyweimaraner | May 24, 2017, 10:46 AM
  3. Too much bad stuff too close together. Hugs.

Posted by Kate Crimmins | May 24, 2017, 10:52 AM
  4. Oh no. How terrible for you. My thoughts are with you.

Posted by pensitivity101 | May 24, 2017, 10:57 AM
  5. Not good news. Sending you positive thoughts and hugs from Africa,

Posted by granny1947 | May 24, 2017, 11:10 AM
  6. So much sad news! I am so sorry, Jen! I really hope you can get some quality time with June Buggie! x

Posted by CATachresis | May 24, 2017, 11:17 AM
  7. I am so sorry. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Posted by KM Huber | May 24, 2017, 11:33 AM
  8. So sorry that you’re getting challenging news again about someone you love. I hope the shots help June Buggie regain some appetite.

Posted by somethingwagging | May 24, 2017, 11:42 AM
  9. Keeping both you and Junior in my thoughts. Sometimes words simply fail. 😢

Posted by anotherboomerblog | May 24, 2017, 11:44 AM
  10. So sorry. 😦 I had two cats die within a short amount of time. Grief on grief. 😦 I hope June Buggie gets better and the shot works.

Posted by Stacey | May 24, 2017, 11:45 AM
  11. Thoughts and prayers.

Posted by Janice Holladay | May 24, 2017, 12:19 PM
  12. June Buggie & Jen, you are in my thought…. Atma namaste….

Posted by rike jokanan | May 24, 2017, 12:31 PM
  13. Continue to hold you all in Love and Light. xoxoM

Posted by Margarita | May 24, 2017, 12:38 PM
  14. So sad to hear this news…Keeping June Buggie (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by The Painter Pack | May 24, 2017, 1:32 PM
  15. I am praying for a miracle for June Buggie. XO

Posted by 15andmeowing | May 24, 2017, 2:29 PM
  16. Prayers for you and June Buggie – so sorry this is happening !

Posted by Mary McNeil | May 24, 2017, 3:20 PM
  17. My heart goes out to you, you and your fur babies have been through so much. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by Fiona † (@Fizza09) | May 24, 2017, 3:46 PM
  18. You are in our hearts and minds. Hope the steroid helps. ❤

Posted by Becky | May 24, 2017, 4:13 PM
  19. Love and gentle purring for all of you. ❤

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx11) | May 24, 2017, 4:32 PM
  20. Oh dear God my heart is going out to you. I cannot begin to imagine how you must feel. Praying with all of my heart that the tumor goes down. (((hugs)))

Posted by caren gittleman | May 24, 2017, 5:00 PM
  21. Steroids can sometimes do amazing things. I hope they at least give you some more time with June Bug. When it rains, it pours, and it’s really not fair.

Posted by Jan K | May 24, 2017, 5:18 PM
  22. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My best to you and your sweet boy! ❤

Posted by Andrea Kenner | May 24, 2017, 6:18 PM
  23. Poor June Buggie. I’m so sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed the steroids will help him.

Posted by jowensauthor | May 24, 2017, 7:22 PM
  24. I am so sorry to read this news…I haven’t been keeping up 😦 but want you to know you are in my thoughts- such a dear kitty..

Posted by westseventhfreelance | May 24, 2017, 7:22 PM
  25. Oh no….I’m very sorry to hear about June Buggie…I’m so shocked, too….I love June Buggie since I saw him for the first time on your blog….Oh….June Buggie….I’m praying very hard for you get feeling better……you’re in my thoughts…..

Posted by eripanwkevin | May 24, 2017, 7:53 PM
  26. I hope June Buggie feels better soon. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Posted by Daniel Scott | May 24, 2017, 9:44 PM
  27. Thinking of June Buggie… hope all turns out well ❤

Posted by colettebytes | May 24, 2017, 9:56 PM
  28. Oh dear June Buggie, keep calm and carry on for as long as you want.

Posted by Animalcouriers | May 25, 2017, 3:15 AM
  29. When it rains it pours right? Hope June Buggie pulls through. I’ve got everything crossed and I’m sending prayers to every God!

Posted by helentastic67 | May 25, 2017, 4:16 AM
  30. sweet june buggie, we all love you…yes, we do! =^..^=

Posted by murphysmission | May 25, 2017, 4:23 AM
  31. I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Posted by Clowie | May 25, 2017, 4:32 AM
  32. I am so sorry yo hear this. You are in my thoughts and hearts. Miracles happen to them who believe in miracles.

Posted by Photofinland by Rantasalot | May 25, 2017, 7:01 AM
  33. Sending hugs, positive thoughts, and hugs from San Diego.

Posted by Russel Ray Photos | May 25, 2017, 7:57 AM
  34. I’m sorry.

Posted by Maria Appleby | May 25, 2017, 9:11 AM
  35. Sorry for the news. ((Hug))

Posted by Deborah Darsie | May 25, 2017, 12:49 PM
  36. So very sorry at this latest sad news. Thoughts and prayers flowing your way.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | May 25, 2017, 2:35 PM
  37. So sorry. They always seem to go in a bundle. It is terribly sad and I feel so bad for you.

Posted by Marilyn Armstrong | May 25, 2017, 4:06 PM
  38. I want to believe that the powers that be, never give us more than we can handle. As hard as this all is, you have been blessed with Rumpy and June Buggy for many happy days. Best of luck in the coming days and may she not suffer. Our thoughts are with you – Lorian and the DogDaz Zoo

Posted by dogdaz | May 28, 2017, 3:17 PM
  39. Damn. We’re so sorry to hear this, Jen and June Buggie. You are in our constant thoughts and prayers.

Posted by meowmeowmans | May 28, 2017, 9:04 PM
  40. So sorry .. and yes you are both in my thoughts!

Posted by Julie@frogpondfarm | May 29, 2017, 1:58 AM
  41. Very sorry to read this

Posted by Isobel | May 29, 2017, 11:05 AM
  42. Sending prayers your way!

Posted by suzydstristan | May 29, 2017, 6:37 PM
  43. So sad for you. Please take care of yourself. I’ll be praying.🤒

Posted by Susan Langer | May 31, 2017, 3:42 PM
  44. Not Junior too? Ah Jen I hate to see you going through this. Hugs from over the pond.

Posted by heretherebespiders | May 31, 2017, 3:57 PM

Graybie Baby is doing his impersonation of Bat Boy! #blackcat #housepanther #cat #cats #caturday #catstagram #catsofinstagram #batboy