activism, pets

Gun Safety and Lots of Dogs

Yesterday I helped man an outreach booth for a group that promotes sensible gun legislation.

wear orange

I enjoyed speaking with people about their ideas of how we can put an end to the gun violence epidemic that is ravaging our country and terrorizing its’ citizens.

I also interacted with a lot of dogs.

There were dogs everywhere: big dogs, little dogs, active dogs, and laid-back dogs.

I met my first Norwegian Elkhound. This dog looked to me like a cross between a Malamute and German Shepherd. He was a beauty and so happy.

Wear-Orange

I met a Pitbull who jumped up and gave me a kiss.

There were labs, and a big, floofy Labradoodle. There was a gorgeous Rottweiler and one of the sleekest Great Danes I’ve ever seen.

All the other volunteers mentioned how much I love dogs. And I do.ย  I miss having a dog so very much and I was in heaven greeting so many canine friends. I’m just not in a position now to add another member to our family.

Until the day comes when we can offer a home to a dog, I think I’m going to hang out more at dog-friendly events and say hello to lots of new friends.

8iEjy8grT

from clipart-library.com

10 thoughts on “Gun Safety and Lots of Dogs

1. I think your idea is purr-fect Jenn! Seriously, that way you get a doggie fix until you can afford your own dog again.
    Gun Legislation is one *hot* topic isn’t it????
    Sherri-Ellen ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by NylabluesMum | June 3, 2018, 9:47 AM
  2. So happy you got a doggie fix while helping with the outreach.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | June 3, 2018, 4:50 PM
  3. Dogs make this crazy insane world just a tad easier to manage. Kudos for helping out and supporting this cause.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | June 3, 2018, 9:54 PM
  4. Thank you for volunteering for such an important cause, Jen. The violence just has to stop. And how wonderful that you got to meet so many canine pals while doing so. ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by meowmeowmans | June 3, 2018, 9:55 PM
  5. I will think orange since I donโ€™t own any or go out on that day. I will spread the word. Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | June 4, 2018, 2:16 AM
  6. There’s an app that lets you “borrow” a shelter dog for a day…. https://barkpost.com/walkzee/

Posted by Andrea Kenner | June 5, 2018, 5:56 PM

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w