Saturday Morning Sports Center!

Oh Dog! Happy Saturday!

Saturdays are the BEST!

Saturdays are the BEST!

We have a game here at the Rumpydog household every weekend- see how early we can wake Jen up to feed us!

It’s so much fun….. well, not for Jen. But the rest of us have a blast!

In fact, it’s so much fun, I wrote a poem about it. I call it,

Its a race to see who can get to the cat food first!

It’s a race to see who can get to the cat food first!

Saturday Morning Sports Center

It’s morning, and we want to eat,
but the human is still sound asleep.
So we’ll whine and we’ll cry,
then we’ll pat on her eyes.
Fed early on Saturday. Sweet!

Yeah? Whats so sweet about it?

Yeah? What’s so sweet about it?

What about you? Do YOU play this game with YOUR humans?

46 thoughts on “Saturday Morning Sports Center!

1. The poem says it all.

Posted by bob | April 26, 2014, 6:03 AM
  2. I just renamed our Rottie the strawberry alarm clock because he wakes us the second a bit of sun illuminates the sky. Our Rattie loves to sleep but the big guy wants to go! Loved your poem!

Posted by clarissa415 | April 26, 2014, 6:13 AM
  3. hahaha, great poem! Rumpy, that’s a super game, I will play it too! Any rules I have to consider? Have a super weekend and I hope you will win the game :O)

Posted by easyweimaraner | April 26, 2014, 6:30 AM
  4. Funny! The cat is ALWAYS up before everyone!!

Posted by Miley | April 26, 2014, 7:02 AM
  5. In our house we (the humans) are early risers so there is no problem. In fact, Mollie (the cat) is usually sleeping when her breakfast comes. The rest of the cats wait patiently. If I am late (like I don’t feel well) all 4 cats pile onto the bed and purr. That will wake the dead.

Posted by katecrimmins | April 26, 2014, 7:49 AM
  6. The only one that ever dared wake up Mum was Bozie, my adopted Daddy cat. Sid and I don’t dare. Happy Caturday!

Posted by Max Thomas | April 26, 2014, 8:00 AM
  7. Same game at our house. Maybe there is an organized league.

Posted by John W. Howell | April 26, 2014, 8:37 AM
  8. That is a great poem!

Posted by Dennis Rogers | April 26, 2014, 9:03 AM
  9. The cats here aren’t effective enough so I like to chime in with a special cry I’ve developed that is so high pitched that people think there’s a small, young dog hidden in the house. It is VERY loud too, because I have a deep chest. I bet you could get an excellent high yoddle going to help the cats Rumpy! They’re cats. They need help.

Posted by savedbydogs | April 26, 2014, 9:10 AM
  10. Oh Rumpy and kitties! Me and Nalle and kitty sisfur Zoe and brofur Apollo wait until AlphaWolfieMamaBear gets up! Woooooooowooooooooooo!

Posted by Kuruk | April 26, 2014, 10:12 AM
  11. Oh gosh! We sure do! And we always win!!! Muahahahaha!!!

Posted by Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey | April 26, 2014, 10:25 AM
  12. Our two cats play that game at our house, too — only their aim is to wake up “Mama”. Hugs to you, Rumpydog! 🙂

Posted by Debb Stanton | April 26, 2014, 11:01 AM
  13. Actually, my pets are pretty good with that!
    Thankfully they are patient when it comes to feeding times! Shocking I know!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Posted by Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady | April 26, 2014, 11:44 AM
  14. We play, “whine till they take us to the dog park” and “whine till we go for a walk” and then there’s “whine when we want snacks, especially what they’re eating” and oh yeah, don’t we can’t forget, “a SCREAMING whine whenever company comes and they put us outside” – how rude is that!!! Happy Saturday, wag wag, Max & Bella

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | April 26, 2014, 12:18 PM
  15. Parents desire to sleep in once in a while.

Posted by corkscot | April 26, 2014, 2:59 PM
  16. I luvs waking my Hooman up early! Abowt 5:30 is good, speshully when it’s the weekend…. 😉

Lottie x

Posted by A Spaniel's Tail | April 26, 2014, 5:09 PM
  17. That’s fun! And it sounds so simple. I never wake Mom up. She always gets up before me and calls me lazy!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | April 26, 2014, 5:14 PM
  18. Hilarious!
    WOOF!
    (Did I say that right?)

Posted by The Hook | April 26, 2014, 5:29 PM
  19. There are times that BJ decides he needs to go out at 2 or 3 in the morning. He comes over and hits me a few times. If that doesn’t work, he pulls the covers off me. Remember, I’m in an apartment in a city. I need to get dressed put shoes on and take him out. Grrrrrrr

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | April 26, 2014, 6:53 PM
  20. Love the poem and photos. Our two cats are used to being brushed first before they’re fed. But, yes, they do nag for us to get up early and take care of their needs. They have Part 1 – some wet food. Then, we have wait about a half hour for Part 2 – the dry food. Otherwise, they’d gobble it all down in a nanosecond and might get sick. 😉

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | April 26, 2014, 8:26 PM
  21. Not diz mornin…me let Mum sleep in cause her pain bin so bad!!!
    Da 6 A.M. get up n feed me game makez Mum grumpy when she iz in so much pain….Miss Jen iz not a grumpy like me Mum iz she!!
    Lub Nylablue ❤ ❤

Posted by Nylabluesmum | April 26, 2014, 8:38 PM
  22. What a lovely Saturday Sports Center! and the poem is funny, too! *Oops! I’m sorry Jen….*ahem ahem…*
    We used to try to do this to our mom, too but she was sooooo mad at us and she decided to sleep in a different room from us…..so we have to wait for her feeding us in the morning…*sniff*

Posted by eripanwkevin | April 26, 2014, 10:37 PM
  23. Hehehe you guys are funny,I try too play but mummy gets up early any way,xx Speedy

Posted by speedyrabbit | April 27, 2014, 1:57 AM
  24. Hahaha I like it! When Kasper decides it’s time to get up, he will sit and stare at the bedroom door and whine continuously…always manages to get me out of bed 😉

Posted by scarlybobs | April 27, 2014, 6:34 AM
  25. I get pleasure from, lead to I found just what I used to be having a look for.
    You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you
    man. Have a nice day. Bye

Posted by Van | May 10, 2014, 8:12 PM
  26. When I initially commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments
    are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I receive
    4 emails with the exact same comment. Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from
    that service? Kudos!

Posted by domain | August 27, 2014, 3:55 PM
  27. I like the valuable information you supply to your articles.

I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here regularly.
    I’m fairly certain I’ll be told plenty of new stuff right right
    here! Best of luck for the following!

Posted by Micheline | August 28, 2014, 10:23 PM