activism

I’ve Partnered with Best Friends Animal Society!

I need your help.

You'll help me help Best Friends Animal Society, right?

You’ll help me help Best Friends Animal Society, right?

OK, so really, you’d be helping Best Friends Animal Society, but you’d also be helping me.

What? Huh?

Let me back up. Best Friends Animal Society is partnering with influential bloggers (They think I’m influential? How cool is that!) to get new members.

What’s in it for me? If I recruit 100 new members for them, I’m entered to win an all-expense trip to Utah to check out Best Friends for myself. I might actually meet Bela, the German Shepherd I wrote about in December!

Now here’s what you REALLY want to know: what’s in it for you.

For a mere $25, you are joining forces with Best Friends, an agency committed to ending the euthanization of thousands of pets daily for the sole reason of having no safe home. You want that. I want that. So why not partner with an agency that’s committed to making that dream a reality? Together we really can Save Them All®.

Animals as cute as these die every day because they don't have a home. Let's stop that by joining with Best Friends Animal Society.

Animals as cute as these die every day because they don’t have a home. Let’s stop that by joining with Best Friends Animal Society.

And if I DID win and get to go to Utah, you’d hear all about it, so it would be like you were there with me.

So, what do ya say? Will you help me? More importantly, will you help them? Then go to my Save Them All website (bestfriendsgive.org/JThreet) and join. It’s $25 for you, but for an animal, it’s a second chance.

Thank you!

Disclosure: Best Friends is partnering with bloggers to gain new members, and in return, are offering a chance to win an all expenses paid trip to Utah to tour their facility. I’m entered in the contest if I recruit 100 new members. There are also other rewards for recruiting fewer numbers of members. Now let’s be honest, I’d have entered this one without a prize offering. But since there is one, I must be open with you about what is being offered to me.

18 thoughts on “I’ve Partnered with Best Friends Animal Society!

1. Hey Rumpy, I will see if my People can contribute. The Lady is a little short on funds these days, as she is looking for work, but maybe if I plead with her, she will join in.

It looks as if you and Jen did not see the news that sadly, Bela was euthanized after it was discovered he had a fast-growing cancer: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/27/dogs-new-lease-on-life-cut-short-by-cancer/22427043/

Posted by Albert the Dog | February 3, 2015, 8:36 AM
  2. I’ve been a Best Friends supporter for more than a decade. My “exotic” vacation dream is to visit their sanctuary. I hope you win and get to go. I hear it’s really awesome. I also like that they help animals across the country. It’s not just Utah. They also have seminars on running a no-kill rescue. They are one of my favs. Good luck!

Posted by Kate Crimmins | February 3, 2015, 9:09 AM
  3. We’re connected with them already but shared this to help you out. What a great opportunity. Good luck with this.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | February 3, 2015, 10:17 AM
  4. It will be an amazing trip if you get to go – I’ve been there five times, it’s quite fantastic. I’m probably still a member (haven’t been a supporter after being treated so poorly as a volunteer several years ago and some of the dirty politics around that time). That stuff all changes though, should research again to see where things are these days. Best of luck with your campaign.

Posted by Jen | February 3, 2015, 2:02 PM
  5. I used to watch a TV show about them several years ago. It is a good cause

Posted by corkscot | February 3, 2015, 2:21 PM
  6. What a great cause, we are crossing our paws you get to go!

Posted by Miley's Daily Scoop | February 3, 2015, 3:35 PM
  7. Thats very cool I really hope you get to go

retro rover

Posted by retro rover | February 3, 2015, 4:03 PM
  8. This is a cool idea, but with limited funds, I’m supporting several local rescue groups here and trying to assist the small city animal control which is trying to become a no-kill shelter – they have stepped up 3 times this year with hoarding batches and are struggling. Do wish you well and lots and lots of luck! Paw waves in support!!!!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | February 3, 2015, 4:37 PM
  9. I went to your website but it says that we can do it only from US and Canada. I hope you’ll get the chance to visit Utah, Jen!!! 😊

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 3, 2015, 4:50 PM
  10. That’s pawsome, Rumpy. The mom is already a member. We hope you get lots to join.

Posted by The Island Cats | February 3, 2015, 5:55 PM
  11. Reblogged this on Jeanne Owens, author and commented:
    A good cause can use some help. How about it?

Posted by jowensauthor | February 3, 2015, 7:50 PM
  12. Good luck Rumpy and Best Friends Animal Society!

Posted by Animalcouriers | February 4, 2015, 2:32 AM
  13. Great cause Jeanne. Money’s a bit tight right now but I’ll see what I can do.

Posted by By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff | February 4, 2015, 7:12 AM
  14. That’s a great program! I sure hope you get those 100 new members. We are already members, so we won’t be of much help, though.

Posted by meowmeowmans | February 4, 2015, 2:27 PM