poetry

A Poem for Rumpy by duG Nap

I follow artist and all-around creative fellow Dug Nap on Facebook. Recently he challenged his audience to post photos, and he would write a poem about what he saw.

I posted this photo.

at them with
my nice doggie eyes
maybe, just maybe
they’ll take me outside

‘cause i need to
chase rabbits
i need to chase squirrels
i really need to smell
all the smells in the world

and houses are cool
and houses are comfy
and they do
have a bathroom
but that’s not where i pee

yeah, I’m just a good dog
laying here on the floor
watching my human
waiting for them
to take me outdoors

Isn’t Dug Nap amazing? I became fascinating with his work when I won this print in an auction.

He has lots of great dog-related art work available.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERADon’t worry, cat lovers, you aren’t left out. I also have this print.

You can get your own print at dugnap.com.

I also want to thank the five loyal readers who joined Best Friends Animal Society through my web page. You ROCK! What about you? Won’t you be the next to join? Remember, your money goes to save precious lives like this one.

BFAS Photo 1

photo supplied by and used with the permission of Best Friends Animal Society. Isn’t this dog just adorable?

18 thoughts on “A Poem for Rumpy by duG Nap

1. What a great poem and it’s special because it was written just for Rumpy.

Posted by Charles Huss | February 7, 2015, 7:45 AM
  2. Perfect poem for a perfect pooch.

Posted by Kate Crimmins | February 7, 2015, 8:45 AM
  3. Hey thanks for this. I love the poem and his work. 🙂

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | February 7, 2015, 11:22 AM
  4. this made me smile 😀 loved it!

Posted by DailyMusings | February 7, 2015, 7:45 PM
  5. What a great poem for your dog. I can just see his eyes looking up at you for an outside excursion.

Posted by Susan Langer | February 7, 2015, 9:13 PM
  6. How cool to have someone write a poem about you. And it looks like he knows us dogs well.

Posted by Bongo | February 7, 2015, 9:45 PM
  7. Wonderful poem!!! 😊🐶🐱

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 8, 2015, 1:36 AM
  8. That’s a fab poem!

Posted by Misaki | February 8, 2015, 10:28 AM
  9. Rumpy, I love your beautiful face and both of those pictures are fabulous. I would love both. xxoo

Posted by rambling1on | February 8, 2015, 8:37 PM
  10. That was awesome! I especially love that is was written just. for. Rumpy! 🙂

Posted by meowmeowmans | February 8, 2015, 9:20 PM
  11. This all made me smile. No wonder you Dug Nap – artwork worth barking about!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | February 9, 2015, 6:21 PM
  12. Super poem and great prints.

Posted by dogdaz | February 10, 2015, 9:55 AM

RumpyDog Fan Club!

We got a #tulip! I helped water it! #dog #dogs #dogwisdom #dogstagram #dogsofinstagram #dogsofinsta #spring