poetry

In Honor of #NationalPoetryDay, I Offer….

DOG HAIKU

first the sun came up
and then we went outdoors to
enjoy the new day.

IMG_5406

HOW RUMPY GOT HIS NAME

My human is old and she’s grumpy.
Her clothing is wrinkled and frumpy.
The bitch, with some brass,
said I’m a pain in the ass,
And that’s how I got the name Rumpy.

IMG_5444

CAT POETRY:

You laughed when I chased and then
ate the bug.
But now you are pissed that I
puked on the rug.

IMG_5455

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HUMANS AND DOGS

Humans want all that they can see
But dogs are content to let things be.

28 thoughts on “In Honor of #NationalPoetryDay, I Offer….

1. Haha! Loved the poems! 🙂

Posted by paws2smile | October 8, 2015, 6:23 PM
  2. I always wondered how you got your name Rumpy. You are such a noble and handsome dog, the name did not fit until now.

Posted by candygai | October 8, 2015, 6:27 PM
  3. Excellent poetry. I loved them all.

Posted by harrispen | October 8, 2015, 6:28 PM
  4. Most excellent! We love how you got your name, Rumpy. 😉

Posted by The Island Cats | October 8, 2015, 6:29 PM
  5. Ha! Great poetry, R. Good job. The last one is my favorite.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | October 8, 2015, 8:02 PM
  6. purrs

Posted by cinnamon | October 8, 2015, 9:23 PM
  7. Apaws, apaws! Wooowoooooooo, Kuruk http://www.haikubyku.com

Posted by Julianne Victoria | October 8, 2015, 10:11 PM
  8. you make my day… I laughed as I read tzhe rumpy-poem and I screamed as I read the cat poetry… many thanks, I needed a funny moment today :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | October 9, 2015, 1:33 AM
  9. OMG your poems started my day laughing! Especially the last two…Thank you!

Posted by asklotta | October 9, 2015, 6:43 AM
  10. I missed your Haiku and poetry so much! Always great ones!!! You are very talented! 😍😊🐶🐱

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 9, 2015, 9:38 AM
  11. Excellent haiku, especially that last one. Here’s to a wonderful weekend. 🙂

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | October 9, 2015, 10:16 AM
  12. Awesome poems, gang! I almost shot water out my nose when I read June Buggie’s!

Posted by meowmeowmans | October 9, 2015, 7:39 PM
  13. Still laughing. How Rumpy got his name. LOL.

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | October 11, 2015, 6:02 PM
  14. Oh, I just loved this post, in every way!!! Rumpy and pals, you all rock. LOVE that doggie haiku most of all. Just don’t tell the Ched I said that. He writes haiku too, ya know. 😉

Posted by Geraldine | October 17, 2015, 1:27 PM