Four more days until….

Oh Dog! Today for Christmas I’m sharing a song I wrote several years ago. It’s sung to the tune of White Christmas, written by Irving Berlin.

I’m dreaming of a snow-covered landscape
Just like past winters don’t ya know,
when it didn’t stop snowing,
No grass was showing,
The ground was frozen to the core.

I’m dreaming of rolling in snowbanks
and licking ice from off the deck.
Oh to run and play and frolic
On a day that’s not hotter than heck!

23 thoughts on “Four more days until….

1. No snow in southern Canada either, but I don’t miss it. 🙂
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Rumpy!

Posted by Debbie D. | December 21, 2015, 7:42 AM
  2. you have a paw for songwriting… and for haiku’s Rumpy… can you write one for me without snow please? maybe it helps to avoid that white stuff in my area :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | December 21, 2015, 7:43 AM
  3. Drizzle rain in London, my dogs want snow! 🙂

Posted by Sableyes | December 21, 2015, 7:53 AM
  4. Oh Rumpy that is one furry pawesome Cwismus song! Woooowooooooo, Kuruk

Posted by Julianne Victoria | December 21, 2015, 8:59 AM
  5. Ahhhh…. Snow…. You look so darn comfy there, R. That’s your perfect environment.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | December 21, 2015, 10:23 AM
  6. It looks like if we want a white Christmas, we’ll hafta dream about it, too. And we live up north!

Posted by The Island Cats | December 21, 2015, 5:54 PM
  7. Love your song and love the picture of Rumpy. That’s a good shot of him. Very handsome.

Posted by mariodacat | December 21, 2015, 7:21 PM
  8. Nice sentiment but we’re expecting 70 dg and rain in DC

Posted by dogdaz | December 21, 2015, 11:06 PM
  9. Rumpy, you are one fine poet! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. 🙂

Posted by Susan | December 22, 2015, 11:18 AM
  10. Looks like it is going to be a pretty hot Christmas this year. Merry Christmas Rumpy! 🙂

Posted by Sumithra Sriram | December 22, 2015, 10:32 PM
  11. You look great on the snow Rumpy! Your season is there!!! It has been warm wintere here in Japan….we might not have snow this year…..
    I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!
    P.S Thank you very much for your lovely Christmas Card! Two DeDe are on the card! I miss her gorgeous smile….

Posted by eripanwkevin | December 23, 2015, 3:15 AM
  12. Molly says paws up for song and picture ( oldies are always goodies)

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | December 23, 2015, 6:49 PM
  13. No snow here in Shanghai either. Maybe the pollution shield is keeping it from dropping through the atmosphere.

Posted by The Good Greatsby | December 24, 2015, 1:05 AM