Stories by Rumpy

Rumpy the Weather Dog!

Oh Dog! Hello from windy northwest Florida!

We are happy to report the weather didn’t get bad here where we live like it did in some places. It was quite breezy today, though. It felt good blowing through my fur while Jen and I walked.

IMG_5910

One last look to make sure we’re not being followed by zombies!

We had two walks this morning! Jen said we both needed the exercise and it just felt so darn good to be outside! We made it inside after walk #2 just as it was about to rain again, but it didn’t last for long and we had another nice stroll this afternoon.

The grass is already growing here and yesterday Jen mowed our yard for me so it don’t tickle my butt when I go poo! She loves me!

Speaking of poo, today Jen missed the bag and managed to use her bare thumb to pick up my poo today! *snickers*

In other news, June Buggie is responding well to his thyroid medicine and isn’t hollering at Jen all the time like he used to. That’s nice, because he can be rather annoying!

IMG_5842

MEOW! I am TOO as annoying as I always was!

One last thing: a friend’s sister has a lab that’s been diagnosed with centronuclear myopahy or CNM. If you have info you can share with Emma and her family to help them help their precious 4-legged family member, connect with them via their Facebook page Emma’s Journey.

I hope you all have stayed safe with this crazy weather. Take care!

Woooooooooo!!!!!

21 thoughts on “Rumpy the Weather Dog!

1. Thanks for this, Rumpy, but tell Jen I’m still looking to see that other link. I wanna read some of her writing too. 🙂

Posted by bitcodavid | February 24, 2016, 8:27 PM
  2. Emma Bleu thanks you for the shout out.

Posted by Cathy Dixon | February 24, 2016, 8:36 PM
  3. We are glad you’re getting some enjoyable weather, Rumpy! And even MORE glad that June Buggie’s doing well on that thyroid medicine! We’re purring and sending good thoughts for Emma and her family.

Posted by meowmeowmans | February 24, 2016, 10:33 PM
  4. So happy the really big winds missed you and you were able to get out and get some exercise.

Posted by tylersat99 | February 25, 2016, 12:18 AM
  5. I’m SO happy you are all safe and sound. That crazy weather was scary. Around here it was just a little windy and rainy. Mom and I played inside because we couldn’t walk very far.

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 25, 2016, 4:19 AM
  6. I’m glad you are strong enough for that crazy weather :o) my mom had such an “ex-poo-rience” today too… the bag she carried around for weeks got a hole and her fingers ended decorated :o)

Posted by easyweimaraner | February 25, 2016, 5:27 AM
  7. (From Stella the Great Newfenees)
    Weather! I’ve had to adapt my method of pursuing dangerous interlopers lately. The deep snow here has been drizzled on for several days and now has a crust. It would hold up a smaller dog, but not a Great Newfenees on the go like me. So, instead of dashing through the snow, I sort of jump, smash through, catch, repeat. It’s very tiring. But I’m doing better than the two-leggers. Kay isn’t going out at all (she’s very old and is afraid of falling) and Elizabeth walks very carefully. Even so, she had a big fall two days ago. I stayed with her because she had some trouble getting up again. She still hurts, but she’ll live. It’s snowing now, and I’ve spent the morning scaring the wolf away.

Posted by canadianbooklady | February 25, 2016, 7:19 AM
  8. Glad to hear June Buggie is doing well. My first cat was on thyroid meds for 6 years and he died of a stroke at over 17. This was back in the 80’s.

Posted by BJ Pup (Lynda) | February 25, 2016, 9:38 AM
  9. She really does love you doesn’t she

Posted by 25castleson25clouds (@25cson25cs) | February 25, 2016, 10:45 AM
  10. I’ m glad to hear that you seemed to enjoy your walk while the weather was good. Oh no….I’m sorry for Jen….Rumpy, you have to reminds her nit to forget the bag….
    Wow! Good boy, June Buggie!!! I’m very happy to hear you’re doing well!! 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 28, 2016, 8:07 AM
  11. Glad Buggie is feeling better – and in obviously stated ways. Did you start the other blog? Where can I find it?

Posted by heretherebespiders | March 2, 2016, 2:23 PM