cats, poetry

There’s a Mouse in the House!

img_5923

There’s a mouse in the house!

From where? I don’t care.

The evidence of his arrogance:

Footfalls on the ceiling,

A shelf containing tiny poo.

What’s a woman to do?

img_5924

I worry not if mice are here.

My cat reports he enjoys the sport.

Cabinet doors are found ajar

as he hunts the little runts.

A mouse in my house? I have no fear.

Though the mouse? Oh dear!

He’ll soon wish he’d not chosen to live here.

IMG_5760

Ya got that right, sister

Poem copyright by Jen (and June Buggie) 2016.

18 thoughts on “There’s a Mouse in the House!

1. This one gave me the biggest smile of the day. (And how nice June Buggie has entertainment with health benefits…for some HA HA)

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | February 26, 2016, 10:12 AM
  2. We had a chipmunk get in last summer. My cats were in heaven. Took me an hour to catch it and save it’s life.

Posted by Kate Crimmins | February 26, 2016, 10:32 AM
  3. That is too cute and it made me laugh.

Posted by Mary Ann Hearn | February 26, 2016, 10:37 AM
  4. Come on, JB! Go for it, buddy! You’re my hero!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | February 26, 2016, 1:02 PM
  5. Go get him, June Buggie!

Posted by The Island Cats | February 26, 2016, 6:04 PM
  6. You’re in charge, June Buggie and with ‘Sargent’ Rumpy’s help, I’m sure that mouse will be dispatched in no time. 🙂

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | February 27, 2016, 1:38 PM
  7. It reminds me that when one of my cats, Tora(Tiger) was outdoor cat, he often brought a nearly headless mouse at the door porch…..I felt so guilty to throw it away…..so sorry for the mouse….

Posted by eripanwkevin | February 28, 2016, 7:59 AM
  8. ya know, darn cats’ll catch several a day — outside. we had an indoor mini-invasion, and the cats were of little help — had to buy traps !

Posted by rosco b | February 28, 2016, 5:48 PM
  9. We recently heard one in our wall. I know June Buggie is on top of the situation as I am.

Posted by Cathy Keisha | February 29, 2016, 11:44 AM
  10. Eeekkkk. We just went thought this. I dont know how a tiny mouse got past our 3 cats!!!!

Posted by theOKdogblog | February 29, 2016, 10:01 PM