cats, dogs, pets

It’s a Wonderful Life!

So I know I haven’t been writing much lately, but I’ve had other things on my mind.

Rumpy has a crush on a pit bull that lives one block down. He wants to walk down that street every morning. During our evening walk he heads down the street past the pit bull’s home, then doubles back to pass it again. Yeah, it’s that bad. Pit bull stands at the door barking and wagging his tail like mad, while Rumpy pretends to not be interested but leaves pee-mails like crazy.

Let’s go see my friend!

Yours truly has been sporting a shiner, courtesy of none other than the evil one himself, June Buggie. Friday night/Saturday morning Buggie decided he wanted to sleep on my head. I pushed him away. He came back yet again and when I tried to remove him the third time he swatting me with both front paws. The next morning I work up with a black, swollen eye.

shiner

This is what I saw in the mirror the next morning.

IMG_5951

This is a week out. My glasses make it less noticable.

June Buggie is oblivious to having caused me injury. He is so ornery these days. I know it’s because of the hyperthyroidism, but still, does he always have to be in my face with something?

IMG_5838

Don’t let that innocent look fool you. This guy needs Batterers Intervention treatment.

Ah, life is never a dull moment, is it?

28 thoughts on “It’s a Wonderful Life!

1. Aw, dog crush! And sorry about the blackeye. Hope you feel better soon

Posted by Roy Sexton (Reel Roy Reviews) | March 4, 2016, 6:33 AM
  2. isn’t that crazy how they act? easy does the same with a girl who lives next to us… she turns into a ball when she sees him while her tail turns into a helicopter, while Easy writes only a message on her gate :o) I’m so sorry that you got this cat-too, hope it heals up quickly…

Posted by easyweimaraner | March 4, 2016, 6:49 AM
  3. Dear Jenny I am sorry to hear this, cats make this sometimes, but I am glad he didn’t injured your eyes… And lovely Rumpy 🙂 a Pit Pull girl… not easy your life dear Jenny. Thank you, Love, nia

Posted by niasunset | March 4, 2016, 6:58 AM
  4. Oh, noooooo…. worst part is you can’t hold a grudge on them either! Wishing you a swift recovery, Jen!

Posted by marina kanavaki | March 4, 2016, 7:04 AM
  5. June Buggie, that was a little mean 😉

Posted by Animalcouriers | March 4, 2016, 7:06 AM
  6. Oh no I have a cat who sleeps on my head and I constantly move her Ive gotten a few scratches in the middle of the night from accidentally bumping her in my sleep

Posted by retro rover | March 4, 2016, 8:41 AM
  7. Oh bless you, look after yourself… and I so love that Rumpy is in love

Posted by 25castleson25clouds (@25cson25cs) | March 4, 2016, 9:21 AM
  8. Oh dear pets can be so stubborn at times,xx Rachel

Posted by speedyrabbit | March 4, 2016, 11:43 AM
  9. Rumpy’s crush may get worse as Spring goes in full swing.

Posted by BJ Pup (Lynda) | March 4, 2016, 12:49 PM
  10. Hehehe! Rumpy’s so cuuuuuute! 🙂

And June Buggie, you can’t ALWAYS sleep where you want! You probably wouldn’t like it if I used you as a pillow! 😉

Posted by paws2smile | March 4, 2016, 1:10 PM
  11. Jen: “…does he always have to be in my face with something?”
    Buggie: “Yes. Yes, I do.”

Rocket puts his paw on OurGirl’s eye in the morning if he wants a treat and she’s still in bed pretending to be asleep. Fortunately, he knows enough to keep his claws tucked in. He’s going to call Buggie later and remind him about that.

Does Rumpster know the PitPup’s name? Maybe they could have a playdate with beer and a game of pool some time!

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | March 4, 2016, 3:49 PM
  12. Oh man, thank goodness it didn’t turn into a massive infection. Glad you’re okay. As for June Buggie…hmmm, he who is not to be ignored. 😉

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | March 4, 2016, 4:17 PM
  13. OMGoodness, JB. Don’t be such a crab apple with your mom!

Love and licks,

Posted by Genevieve Petrillo | March 4, 2016, 4:27 PM
  14. Nice to hear from you but ouch!

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | March 4, 2016, 7:25 PM
  15. Oh wow. Hope you’ll feel better soon.

Posted by Marc-André | March 5, 2016, 4:34 AM
  16. Funny, June Buggie doesn’t look like a brawler…heal up fast!

Posted by Zach S-L (@ZachieDoo) | March 5, 2016, 7:53 AM
  17. I’m glad to hear that Rumpy has found something interesting on his walks! Oh no….Jen….I’ very sorry to look at your pictures…does it get better now? June Buggie…..his innocent face makes me believe that he doesn’t do any bad things….

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 6, 2016, 8:31 AM
  18. That’s cute about Rumpy having a crush on that pittie. 🙂

Sorry about the shiner, courtesy of June Buggie. We hope you’re all better soon, Jen.

Posted by meowmeowmans | March 6, 2016, 9:57 PM
  19. Yikes! At first look, he doesn’t “look” at all like a Golden Gloves boxer. Get better soon. 😉

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | March 7, 2016, 9:28 AM
  20. Dogs love to visit their friends. One of Molly’s besties is a giant pit bull named Roxie. They can spot each other blocks away.
    Cats. They all think if you are laying down, you’re their pillow….and will impress that fact clearly to you. Whew.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 9, 2016, 5:28 PM