poetry

A Few Limericks for your Reading Pleasure

I got notice this week of my 5 year blogging anniversary. Wow! Has it really been that long?

How about we celebrate with a new round of limericks?

A futball showed up here one day.

I looked for its home right away.

I put up a sign

That said it’s not mine

But it’s still here, so I guess it stays.

IMG_6396

That Lamb Chop was a cheeky toy.

Her loud squeaker gave me such joy!

I was in a bad mood

when she went for my food,

now she’s destuffed and I’m a bad boy.

My dog is like me: old and fat.

His constant companion’s a cat.

A cookie’s desired

After a trek outside

To sniff where the other dogs shat.

IMG_6410

23 thoughts on “A Few Limericks for your Reading Pleasure

1. I first would jump for the lamb-limerick…. but with reading the last line of n°3 I howled with laughter…BRAVO!!!!

Posted by easyweimaraner | July 17, 2016, 7:12 AM
  2. Absolutely great limericks and I loved the photos!

Posted by willowdot21 | July 17, 2016, 7:17 AM
  3. oh, cute 🙂

Posted by Traveling Rockhopper | July 17, 2016, 7:32 AM
  4. Happy blogiversary! 5 years is a long time! Love the limericks too but isn’t that a soccer ball?

Posted by Kate Crimmins | July 17, 2016, 7:46 AM
  5. Happy Five Year Anniversary. This has been one of my favorite blogs to follow for the honesty, wisdom, fun, on and on. I’m a fan of ya’ll. And the limericks and photos are grrrrreat. I love the ball one and Rumpy with intruder at the food dish. ❤

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | July 17, 2016, 9:04 AM
  6. Happy anniversary and keep blogging. Love the limericks.

Posted by Jan | July 17, 2016, 10:17 AM
  7. Congratulations on your five-year anniversary!! The words ebb and flow, but in the end you persist. Well done.

Posted by Sheila Morris | July 17, 2016, 10:35 AM
  8. Haha! I love these, especially the second and third ones! Happy anniversary!

Posted by jowensauthor | July 17, 2016, 10:54 AM
  9. Time flies so fast!!! Five years has already passed….Wow……Congratulations, Rumpy! I haven’t meet you in real but I feel like I was a longtime friend of you! Thank you very much for continuing your blog for us!!! Love, Angel Kevin 🙂

Posted by eripanwkevin | July 18, 2016, 4:38 AM
  10. Congrats on five years!

Posted by Ruth | July 18, 2016, 6:34 AM
  11. Only fuffy and comfortable!
    Happy anniversary – bloggerville wouldn’t be the same without all of you!

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | July 18, 2016, 10:26 AM
  12. Pawsome limericks and happy Blogversary! We are all richer for your presence. 🙂

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | July 18, 2016, 3:41 PM
  13. Brilliant! You can come to Ireland any time 🙂

Posted by heretherebespiders | July 18, 2016, 4:01 PM
  14. Happy 5th Anniversary!
    I think Tom Hanks is looking for that ball (Cast Away)!

Posted by Clowie | July 20, 2016, 11:04 AM
  15. We’re loving your limericks! And congratulations on your 5th Blogoversary! We love you guys LOTS, and are so glad you’re here, and thankful for your friendship!

Posted by meowmeowmans | July 20, 2016, 9:44 PM
  16. Funny. Hilarious. 😀 Great blog!

Posted by Saloni | August 31, 2016, 2:02 AM