cats, pets

Another Vet Visit for Bubba

Bubba and I visited the vet.

His thyroid levels are good, but he hasn’t gained any more weight.

He does look a lot better.

The lesion in his mouth has healed. But there is swelling.

So what does that mean?

Bubba and Little Girl are napping buddies.

Well, we’re not sure.

The vet is concerned. When she removed those teeth, he had one that was badly decayed, but the others were not. They were removed because of his gums, not the teeth. She feels that the extent of the decay should have moved to the other teeth.

So….. is it cancer?

We’ll head back in a couple weeks and she’ll check him again. If the swelling continues, we may try an X-ray.

In the meantime, Bubba spends much of his time sleeping, and he eats as much as he wants.

Even if all he wants is tuna.

Rumpy has gone on from this plane. We, his kitty siblings,continue to blog about animal welfare and responsible care of companion animals at rumpydog.com in his stead. You can follow us on Twitter - @RumpyDog. And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! Thanks!

26 thoughts on “Another Vet Visit for Bubba

1. Purrayers and POTP for sweet Bubba ! You are much loved !

Posted by Mary McNeil | August 30, 2017, 5:31 PM
  2. Poor Bubba. I am praying you have 100% recovery.

Posted by 15andmeowing | August 30, 2017, 5:39 PM
  3. Many hopes for Bubba to feel better and have a complete recovery.

Posted by Catwoods | August 30, 2017, 5:42 PM
  4. Big love to Bubba xx

Posted by bumpyroadtobubba | August 30, 2017, 5:55 PM
  5. Hoping for good results. We’ve got something similar going on with out cat too. 😦

Posted by KDKH | August 30, 2017, 6:17 PM
  6. I hope it’s not cancer and that he continues to improve.

Posted by The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap | August 30, 2017, 7:03 PM
  7. Wishing you and Bubba all the best. It has been a very difficult year for all of you.

Posted by mjgraham1949 | August 30, 2017, 9:06 PM
  8. Hugs for Bubba cat!

Posted by Sylvia Rogers | August 30, 2017, 9:32 PM
  9. it sucks when our pets get old,they can’t tell us whats wrong so its trial and error to figure it out,much love to you and to Bubba,xx Rachel

Posted by speedyrabbit | August 31, 2017, 12:49 AM
  10. I’m glad he’s feeling better. Do you think he would like ice cream?

Posted by Hi folks. It's BJ Pup | August 31, 2017, 12:53 AM
  11. we hope for the best and we cross our paws that you get good news when you see your vet again… Hugs to Bubba and POTP…

Posted by easyweimaraner | August 31, 2017, 1:07 AM
  12. I want to wish you and Bubba the best hope all goes well for both of you at the next Vet visit. My love, thoughts and prayers to you both. ❤ ❤

Posted by mlblogsredsoxlady35/lighthousekat | August 31, 2017, 1:40 AM
  13. Look at that face! So coot! Hopefully, Bubba’s just got the old cat syndrome where they get ready for falsies? Just imagine cats with false teeth? Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | August 31, 2017, 3:07 AM
  14. Hang in there, kiddo ❤️

Posted by Roy Sexton (Reel Roy Reviews) | August 31, 2017, 7:29 AM
  15. Sendin POTP to Bubba Kat to get better an fur it NOT to bee thee dreeded BIG CEE!
    Sendin you purrayerss Lady Jenn all so.
    ~~head rubsss~~ Siddhartha Henry~~

Posted by Nylabluesmum | August 31, 2017, 11:49 AM
  16. sweet baby, sending purrs and prayers that it is nothing to be concerned with. (((hugs)))

Posted by caren gittleman | August 31, 2017, 12:51 PM
  17. Poor Bubba. At least he is eating though.

Posted by pensitivity101 | August 31, 2017, 2:22 PM
  18. Oh no….poor Bubba….I’m praying and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing is wrong with you, Boubba. Please stay well. I love you. 🐱

Posted by eripanwkevin | August 31, 2017, 8:03 PM
  19. I know how you feel…wonderful if you trust your veterinarian…I am starting to wish I could find the perfect vet some day…not too pleased lately. love you, bubba!

Posted by murphysmission | September 1, 2017, 6:34 AM
  20. I’m sorry to read this, Jen. I do hope your vet is able to figure out what’s going on with Bubba, and that a good course of action can be found. Thinking of you and Bubba!

Posted by meowmeowmans | September 2, 2017, 10:16 PM
  21. Sadly my cat Mary Jane who was 15 years old had hole form by upper row of her teeth. She got infected and the infection ran though her nasal cavity up into her forehead.She was treated for the infection and given pain meds but sadly she passed away. It has only been a few weeks sense her passing and am still trying to adjust to not having Mary Jane in the house. The Vet thinks she had bone cancer.You really have to watch those cats because they won’t let on anything is wrong until it is to late.

Posted by sassybrat1904 | September 13, 2017, 9:54 AM

1. Pingback: Another Vet Visit for Bubba–Rumpydog: | By the Mighty Mumford - August 30, 2017

Hissy Fit Jones takes a nap #formerferal #gingercat #cat #cats #catstagram #catsofinstagram